.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, May 29, 2006

What did we do today? We lazed around until nearly 8 a.m. After that the usual - finished cleaning up after yesterday's party; cooked soup - butternut squash, carrot and ginger; went for a walk to the local shopping centre; bought socks for a big munchkin and bibs for a little one. The little munchkin is drooling a lot. Yesterday he used all 6 bibs I had in one day. I would love to think that he is teething, but if he is anything like his sister the first tooth is not anywhere near in coming.

After lunch we went to a park with big munchkin's new little friend and her parents. Girls don't really play together yet, but they parallel play very well. They keep coping each other and it keeps them occupied for a long time. They played for over an hour in a sandbox yesterday. I think they managed to take most of the sand out. All they had was a set of my measuring cups, but two little sets of hands can manage a lot of mischief if they feel like it. They had a lot of fun though.

Little munchkin has suddenly outgrown his blue and white Robeez shoes. Robeez makes such wonderful shoes. I brought a few with me from Canada, but my kids were blessed with very big feet. So, the little munchkin has already outgrown the first pair. I guess I will have to buy a new one for him at some point. Robeez shoes here cost 18 pounds. As with many other things in the UK it is a sheer robbery. It used to cost maximum 25 Canadian dollars, but you could always find them on sale for CAN$18. I have to say that I miss Old Navy, Winners, The Bay, Wall-Mart and all the other similar stores. I am yet to find an appropriate subsitute where I can shop for cheap yet good kids clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home