.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I spent most of the day at a Hospital today. I had my appointment with an ophthalmologist. It took forever, but the doctor was thorough. At least now I know exactly what is wrong with my eyes. It is Fuch's Endothelial Corneal Dystrophy. The doctor Miss H. was very reassuring about getting me not to stress of what I am going to read on-line about it. But the condition is hereditary and untreatable. The worst case scenario is treatable with a corneal transplant, which does not sound very optimistic. Hopefully, as Miss H. promised the symptoms are not going to affect my life for at least another 20 or 30 years. She will be able to judge the speed of cell deterioration better when she sees me next year. I'll keep my fingers crossed and will hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home