.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Saturday, July 01, 2006

We've been very busy today viewing potential houses. At the end the only thing we have achieved is the elimination of two areas of the house search altogether. There is no way we are living anywhere in Kidbrooke or in a part of Forest Hill that we visited today. I still remain hopeful of the part of Forest Hill close to Dulwich, but the other part is a ghetto and so is Kidbrooke. The social environment is very important factor in any child's life and my children will not be growing up in those places. The cost of housing in London is very distressing. Quoter of million pounds buys you a very nice house in Toronto. In London it buys you a dingy three bedroom in a ghetto. We are viewing another two houses on Monday. I have high hopes for that area, but till now my high hopes we consistently quashed.

On additional negative note, my loving husband drove over my foot. By some sheer luck, it does not appear to be broken, only severely swollen. I'll see how it feels tomorrow. In any case, he is not going to hear the end of it for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home