This week I went to see another house. It was advertised as a charming Victorian three bedroom house with plenty of original features in need of freshening up. Reality - build in 1830-es, two bedroom house. The people who lived there about haft a century ago, judging by the style and state of the bathroom, converted one of the bedroom into the bathroom to make a what I would consider a normal size bathroom. The agent suggested that it could be easily converted back into a miniature bathroom and a box room. The most notable original feature was an outside toilet. It has been awhile since I saw one. In addition I discovered another ghetto where I don't want to live. For all this 'charming' house the asking price is 'only' 250 thousand pounds. Am I the only person who thinks that there is something wrong with this country?
On the family front, Little Munchkin began to roll couple of days ago. He now rolls consistently from back to front and sometimes from front to back. I can't leave him now anywhere. As I wrote earlier I signed him up for Kindermusic class on Mondays. Unfortunately, this classes are not going to continue 'due to financial considerations'. Basically, the teacher can't make the ends meet with what she is making out of this classes. Fortunately, I finally made it to the local library for their Baby Bounce class, and it is fantastic. The people doing it are full of energy. The songs, they do, are just right. I am sure Big Munchkin would love those classes as well, and they are free. I'll take her after her nursery closes down in August.
Big Munchkin's dance class is going OK. She is still following instructions very rarely. The only time you can count on her cooperation is when it comes to getting a sticker ('Well Done' or 'Super') at the end of the class. But she is getting used to it. After all, she is one of the youngest. I will find out on Monday if there is a place in a Gymnastics class for her.
Tonight we got a babysitter, abandoned out kids and when out to a nearby pub for an early dinner. It was so nice to be out by ourselves. Last time we went out was when my mom was here at the end of April. We were out for only two hours and the kids were fine. We might do it again next week.
On the family front, Little Munchkin began to roll couple of days ago. He now rolls consistently from back to front and sometimes from front to back. I can't leave him now anywhere. As I wrote earlier I signed him up for Kindermusic class on Mondays. Unfortunately, this classes are not going to continue 'due to financial considerations'. Basically, the teacher can't make the ends meet with what she is making out of this classes. Fortunately, I finally made it to the local library for their Baby Bounce class, and it is fantastic. The people doing it are full of energy. The songs, they do, are just right. I am sure Big Munchkin would love those classes as well, and they are free. I'll take her after her nursery closes down in August.
Big Munchkin's dance class is going OK. She is still following instructions very rarely. The only time you can count on her cooperation is when it comes to getting a sticker ('Well Done' or 'Super') at the end of the class. But she is getting used to it. After all, she is one of the youngest. I will find out on Monday if there is a place in a Gymnastics class for her.
Tonight we got a babysitter, abandoned out kids and when out to a nearby pub for an early dinner. It was so nice to be out by ourselves. Last time we went out was when my mom was here at the end of April. We were out for only two hours and the kids were fine. We might do it again next week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home