.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

As usual it took me forever to write another update. Or well, better late then never ... My bone scan confirmed that I do have a stress fracture of a second metatarsal. However, Doctor decided or was persuaded to decide that I do not need a cast. My foot has more or less healed by now without it. I do feel OK. I did get a special boot done to reduce weight on that foot. It seems to help a bit. I was also told that weight reduction would be beneficial in order to reduce probability of future fractures. In simple language, I was told to stop eating peanut butter and jam sandwiches and loose weight. I find it very distressing. As long as I remember I was very conscious about my weight. When I was sixteen, I did not like to wear skirts and thought I was fat. At that time I was 54 kg. It took me ten years and thirty extra kilogrammes to feel good about myself. I finally began to be comfortable with myself. And now I am told to loose weight because my bones can't handle it. You can't win.

We also finally moved into our 'new' house. New is a misnomer. It is 30 or 40 year old ex-council terrace. Only Brits can think of a 30-40 year old house as new. At the end we ended up doing nearly complete renovation - we changed the walls, ceiling, kitchen, bathroom, floor ... everything. Two days before the move it was still not done. After a lot of stress it was somewhat completed on the day of the move. The work had been going on for a few more days after we moved in. It is more or less completed with a few annoying exceptions like missing shower screen and vents in both bathrooms. It took us another week of 20 hour work days to get most of the boxes unpacked and sorted. It would probably take us at least another week to get the house to properly organized state.

We decided to change our tickets to India for an earlier date. We will be fling next week. I am looking forward to it. Though I am sure my husband seriously underestimated the problems we are going to have with Little Munchkin's food and separation anxiety. We are also stopping over in Dubai for two days. I am really looking forward to that.

Kids have been good lately. Neither has been sick. Little Munchkin has two more teeth on his upper jaw. It brings total to six. He still bites a lot. Hopefully, he grows out of it soon. Big Munchkin got relocated to her new room and to her new bed without excessive protests. It fact, this relocation was relatively painless, at least so far. Little Munchkin is walking now. He suddenly began to walk just a day after we moved in. He is quite steady on his feet. He has also began to climb stairs. He is very fast going up, but quite cautious about going down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home