.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Once again, nothing particularly exciting has happened recently. Both Munchkins had another round of colds. They tend to trade - one gets a cold, another one picks it up. Because of the recurrent colds we (the parents) did not go out much.

Little Munchkin still has only two teeth. He seems to be teething but no new teeth are coming through. His attitude towards swimming classes has not improved. After temporary reprieve it got worse. Last two classes he began to scream even before we got into the pool. He continuously screamed until we came out of the water. So far, nothing has made any impact on his behaviour. I tried feeding him right before the class, tried to make sure he gets enough sleep, tried changing his swimsuit. Nothing works. As a result of his continuous crying, he is far behind other kids in the class. In the repeated dipping exercise (breath - dunk - breath - dunk, etc ...) he manages only two dunks, while other kids can do six or seven. I really like this class. It is well organized and would give a fantastic basis for future swimming; but if Little Munchkin hates it so much, I don't see any point in continuing. I have to make a decision whether or not to continue with the classes within next two weeks. I am coming to the conclusion that it might not be worth to continue. I have been persevering since September. It has been torture for everyone involved. I might have to give Little Munchkin a few years break before trying to get him swimming again.

On the contrary, Big Munchkin's swimming classes are progressing well. She has been getting better and better with every class. She loves her swimming class. Her gymnastics and dance have been going all right. Some days are better than others. We did not have any tantrums for some time. She has not done anything to her little brother for awhile. She has her moments, as any toddler, but overall, she has been a good girl.

We've been going to London Aquarium a lot. I bought an annual membership and have been trying to make the most out of it. Big Munchkin loves it. Every Friday now is the Aquarium Day. In the monring she tells me that today we are going on a train to 'see lots of fishes'. Little Munchkin stopped being scared of sharks as much and enjoys thumping with both hands on the glass of the big fish tank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home