.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Friday, September 14, 2007

Today is Big Munchkin's last day at the daycare. I can't wait. It is going to be hard in the next two weeks as she is not starting pre-school nursery till September 28, but I feel very strongly that the daycare has been a mistake. It has been too much too soon. Big Munchkin has learnt next to nothing there. Every time she goes there she gets more whiny and more ill-tempered. I am certain that lots of behavioral issues we currently have stem from the daycare. I am not sending Little Munchkin into one in any foreseeable future.

Today was Big Munchkin's first trip to her new school. We went there for an hour to meet her teachers and her future classmates. I now feel much better about sending Big Munchkin into government school. Most kids there are white. I am all for multiculturalism, but am exactly for MULTI-culturalism. Big Munchkin is one of two white kids in her current nursery and I was concerned that her new school will be again dominantly Caribbean. It is not. It is also very well-equipped. I was very impressed at four new Mac computers at the nursery. It has a big separate playground. Her teachers are nice. I really liked it. It was as good as any private (fee-paying) school I have seen.

It is also across the street and less then 5 minutes walk from home. I am looking forward to not having to drive every morning and afternoon to daycare and back. I have been so tired and sleep-deprived lately that my driving has often been borderline dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home