.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Everyone says not to compare children, but when you have two you can't help it. So, I've decided to do a little comparison on my Munchkins.

Meal time: Big Munchkin always ate badly - cucumber and tomatoes being all time favourites. So, when she is not eating I don't get stressed anymore. She'll ask when she gets hungry. The only predictable thing about Little Munchkin is his unpredictability. One day he might eat a proper adult person's meal - half of the chicken, plate of rice with curry and fruits. Another day he will survive on blueberries. There is no specific food item that can be relied upon. You never know how much and what he will eat and what and how much should be cooked for him. Feeding little guy is a minor pain.

Energy level: I used to complain about Big Munchkin being an active girl. Then, I got Little Munchkin. He really IS active. Big Munchkin was just a normal girl. Little Guy runs as fast as me and , generally, in the opposite direction. Recently he managed to get away from my DH and run under the wheels of a car. Fortunately, the driver had an inclining that it might happen and drove very slowly (he must have been a dad himself). Little Munchkin climbs, moves chairs to help himself climb. Opens anything that can be opened, takes apart anything that can be taken apart. On a positive note: he does not whinge. Big Munchkin does, a lot. Most of the time I don't know what drive me bananas more.

Big Munchkin used to chew things, but by 18 months it was mostly over. Little Munchkin does has constantly something in his mouth - dirt, grass, stones, coins, and right about anything else. In India we rescued a still alive bug out of Little Munchkin's mouth. For a guy who eats pretty much any garbage he finds I would have expected better eating habits - no such luck.

By 18 months Big Munchkin had a very decent vocabulary. Little Munchkin still does not consistently say anything. He sort of says papa and mama. I think he might have said fish, while we were at the aquarium. He might have tried saying Well Done and Ball. That's about it. He finally started producing a wider range of sounds, so I hope there is a breakthrough coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home