Today is Saturday and my DH is working. So much for taking the time off. There is an emergency and he is at work - I checked - he is actually at his desk. In the morning he took Big Munchkin to see another play Three Bill Goats Gruff. It is a classical English tale. DH says that Big Munchkin really liked it.
Last night Big Munchkin had another nosebleed. I am at a loss what to do about it. The useless British doctors have no specific advice, but it is a third severe nosebleed in a week. There must be something I can do. Persuading Big Munchkin to stop picking her nose would be a good start, I suspect. Unfortunately, her nose is half blocked due to a cold, so she keeps picking it. Little Munchkin is still sick. He is still running a fever on and off. His nose is still blocked and he is still coughing. Hopefully, he gets better soon. Christmas is a really bad time to get sick. All the doctors are taking time off.
Last Friday, I finally took Little Munchkin to see a cranial therapist. Cranial therapy is a therapy that uses gentle manual pressure applied to the skull, spine, and membranes to restore rhythmic flow to the craniosacral system, which includes the brain, spinal cord, cerebrospinal fluid, and surrounding membranes. He behaved surprisingly well through the whole session. The doctor said that the only issue she could find was lack of mobility in the bone that houses part of the ear structure. Basically, the bone behind the ear should move up and down. In Little Munchkin's case it is moving only down. It reduces ear drainage, which might account for a frequency of his ear infections. She said that cranial therapy should help with ear infections. The same bone is also pushing into his lower jaw, which is probably part of a reason why his lower jaw is protruding forward so much. The doctor does not think that anything can be done about it. She said she'll try, but she does not expect serious improvement because the pattern is already strongly established. Basically, I left it too long to come. I signed up Little Munchkin for another two sessions. Let's see what happens. He seemed to like it anyway. I think I should bring Big Munchkin as well, just to check her out.
I am coming to the conclusion that I need to explore alternative health care options for Little Munchkin. He seem to have inherited my DH's intolerance to conventional medicine. All conventional meds make him really sick. It is not an allergic reaction, but all meds really knock him out - make him drowsy, tired, and overall unwell. He vomits every third or fourth time he takes antibiotics. My DH is exactly the same. On the contrary, homeopathic, aurvedic, and other alternative medicine work well for my DH. I think I should really explore if they would work well for Little Munchkin (or for that matter Big Munchkin). This health centre, where I took him for cranial therapy, seems to be really good. I might try to take him there to see homeopathic doctor in the new year.
Last night Big Munchkin had another nosebleed. I am at a loss what to do about it. The useless British doctors have no specific advice, but it is a third severe nosebleed in a week. There must be something I can do. Persuading Big Munchkin to stop picking her nose would be a good start, I suspect. Unfortunately, her nose is half blocked due to a cold, so she keeps picking it. Little Munchkin is still sick. He is still running a fever on and off. His nose is still blocked and he is still coughing. Hopefully, he gets better soon. Christmas is a really bad time to get sick. All the doctors are taking time off.
Last Friday, I finally took Little Munchkin to see a cranial therapist. Cranial therapy is a therapy that uses gentle manual pressure applied to the skull, spine, and membranes to restore rhythmic flow to the craniosacral system, which includes the brain, spinal cord, cerebrospinal fluid, and surrounding membranes. He behaved surprisingly well through the whole session. The doctor said that the only issue she could find was lack of mobility in the bone that houses part of the ear structure. Basically, the bone behind the ear should move up and down. In Little Munchkin's case it is moving only down. It reduces ear drainage, which might account for a frequency of his ear infections. She said that cranial therapy should help with ear infections. The same bone is also pushing into his lower jaw, which is probably part of a reason why his lower jaw is protruding forward so much. The doctor does not think that anything can be done about it. She said she'll try, but she does not expect serious improvement because the pattern is already strongly established. Basically, I left it too long to come. I signed up Little Munchkin for another two sessions. Let's see what happens. He seemed to like it anyway. I think I should bring Big Munchkin as well, just to check her out.
I am coming to the conclusion that I need to explore alternative health care options for Little Munchkin. He seem to have inherited my DH's intolerance to conventional medicine. All conventional meds make him really sick. It is not an allergic reaction, but all meds really knock him out - make him drowsy, tired, and overall unwell. He vomits every third or fourth time he takes antibiotics. My DH is exactly the same. On the contrary, homeopathic, aurvedic, and other alternative medicine work well for my DH. I think I should really explore if they would work well for Little Munchkin (or for that matter Big Munchkin). This health centre, where I took him for cranial therapy, seems to be really good. I might try to take him there to see homeopathic doctor in the new year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home