.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's been two days since my DH has gone on a business trip. I really should not be complaining, after all it is a first trip in a year. But I still hate being alone. Even though he has been working late quite often and I am used to dealing with kids by myself, it is very reassuring to know that help is just a phone call away. Even simplest things can become an issue when you are by yourself. For example, tonight I run out of milk. Normally I would call my DH and ask him to pick up milk on the way home. Tonight I don't have anyone to call. Tomorrow morning the kids would have to do without milk. I am also used to having a bit of a time off in the morning. I am not a morning person and having someone else to take care of Little Munchkin if he decides to wake up at 5 a.m. is very helpful.

Another reason while I feel quite annoyed about this particular trip is that my DH decided to meet few of his friends for dinner. I quite like one of them - what can be better as your husband's 'girlfriend' as a Jewish married stay-at-home mother of three. I've met her and her husband and they are great people. I am really annoyed about the other 'dinner date'. I generally object to any female friends I haven't personally met. I really object to those who think it is OK to put the picture of herself onto the front of her facebook profile, which has less five square inches of clothing. Fortunately, she is not a close friend and I hope it would remain so. On the other hand I don't want to be clingy, after all I also have male friends whom my DH haven't met. Still, I can't help feeling exceedingly annoyed.

Other than that, I have been very busy. Both Munchkins have diarrhea. I had to give a shower to Big Munchkin in the middle of the night. Little Munchkin was up 'only' five times. Today he kept walking around the house asking 'Papa ... Papa ...' I hope he feels better tomorrow. Big Munchkin got selected to participate in her school Christmas play. She is a bee. I spent the whole day running around looking for a pair of black leggings and a black t-shirt. Leggings weren't a problem, but the t-shirt was. Where on Earth am I going to get a plain black t-shirt in December? At the end I found a set - a dress and a t-shirt. Basically I had to pay 7 pounds for a t-shirt because of that. The dress is horrendous, but at least the t-shirt is black and plain. I still need to iron the name tags tonight, so I can give it to the school tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home