Everything is relatively quiet. My DH took Big Munchkin to see another play last weekend - The Gruffalo's Child. I was hoping that it would be something spectacular since it is playing in a proper 'adult' West London theatre, but DH thought it was in no way better than any other cheaper plays they went to. I was a bit disappointed but Big Munchkin still liked it.
This month she is going to see two more plays. At this point I find that I often can't take her for all the plays I would like her to see because there are so many good plays. Often they end up being scheduled for the same day. Also the problem is with timing. I moved her Mandarin class to Saturdays. So, now she has Mandarin at 10 a.m. and swimming at 11.30. Some of the Saturday's plays are at 11 a.m. If I do sign her up for that time, she will have to miss her Mandarin and swimming classes and I don't really like to do that. If the play is only on Saturday, I try to schedule it for 2 p.m., but even then she will have Mandarin, swimming and a play one after another. This month she will have this schedule on two of the Saturdays. I think, it is a bit too much for her.
I am also planning on signing her up for a tennis class. It is an indoor class in our gym. It is only a 30-min class, and we are not doing anything on Mondays. There is also a Kiddi Kungfu (martial arts for 3 to 6 year olds) class on Sunday. I might take a free trial class, just to see what it is. Closer to summer I will start sorting out her classes. Something obviously has to go - it probably would be drama, ballet and french. She is a bit too old for that drama class already. Ballet class is more of a playgroup. It is just very close to home and she has lots of friends there. But once she moves to full-time school next September she will be able to do only one class a day (at most). Obviously, I prefer gymnastics to ballet. She will move to the later gymnastics class and drop ballet altogether.
It does not mean that I am going to drop her out of dance/drama completely. She is on a waiting list to a very good class with a well known dance company. If she gets in next September, that will be her only Saturday activity. Her Mandarin would have to be moved to a different time slot. I would quite like to go private if we can afford it. Depending in whether or not she likes tennis, I will decide if we are going to keep it. Swimming will have to be moved to a different day as well. Unfortunately, that would mean changing the teacher as hers is only working on Saturdays.
I am at a loss what to do with French. She does not like the class, and she learnt remarkably little in the past term. I paid for one more term for now. I feel that part of the problem might be in me. I have never liked French. I have always preferred Spanish. So, I keep thinking that maybe I should just ditch French in favour of Spanish. Big Munchkin has been asking to learn Spanish anyway. Probably because I keep listening Spanish songs and Dora the Explorer speaks it as well. I am going to sit on this decision till summer.
This month she is going to see two more plays. At this point I find that I often can't take her for all the plays I would like her to see because there are so many good plays. Often they end up being scheduled for the same day. Also the problem is with timing. I moved her Mandarin class to Saturdays. So, now she has Mandarin at 10 a.m. and swimming at 11.30. Some of the Saturday's plays are at 11 a.m. If I do sign her up for that time, she will have to miss her Mandarin and swimming classes and I don't really like to do that. If the play is only on Saturday, I try to schedule it for 2 p.m., but even then she will have Mandarin, swimming and a play one after another. This month she will have this schedule on two of the Saturdays. I think, it is a bit too much for her.
I am also planning on signing her up for a tennis class. It is an indoor class in our gym. It is only a 30-min class, and we are not doing anything on Mondays. There is also a Kiddi Kungfu (martial arts for 3 to 6 year olds) class on Sunday. I might take a free trial class, just to see what it is. Closer to summer I will start sorting out her classes. Something obviously has to go - it probably would be drama, ballet and french. She is a bit too old for that drama class already. Ballet class is more of a playgroup. It is just very close to home and she has lots of friends there. But once she moves to full-time school next September she will be able to do only one class a day (at most). Obviously, I prefer gymnastics to ballet. She will move to the later gymnastics class and drop ballet altogether.
It does not mean that I am going to drop her out of dance/drama completely. She is on a waiting list to a very good class with a well known dance company. If she gets in next September, that will be her only Saturday activity. Her Mandarin would have to be moved to a different time slot. I would quite like to go private if we can afford it. Depending in whether or not she likes tennis, I will decide if we are going to keep it. Swimming will have to be moved to a different day as well. Unfortunately, that would mean changing the teacher as hers is only working on Saturdays.
I am at a loss what to do with French. She does not like the class, and she learnt remarkably little in the past term. I paid for one more term for now. I feel that part of the problem might be in me. I have never liked French. I have always preferred Spanish. So, I keep thinking that maybe I should just ditch French in favour of Spanish. Big Munchkin has been asking to learn Spanish anyway. Probably because I keep listening Spanish songs and Dora the Explorer speaks it as well. I am going to sit on this decision till summer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home