.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I decided to do a little bit of whining about British government. How do they calculate inflation? I am sure they are not calculating it for this country. Big Munchkin's favourite bread is up from £1.07 to £1.22. I used to buy it on 2 for 1 deal all the time, but I haven't seen that deal since November. My weekly grocery bill is up by 20 or 30 pounds. My cleaner asked for a raise - from £7.50 to £8 an hour. All Munchkins classes are up in price. Train ticket is up another 20 pence. Last year it went up from £2.70 to £3.60 and now it is £3.80. Our gym membership is up by nearly £10 a month. I don't know yet how much is the council tax increase going to be. Unfortunately, my DH's salary increase is generally equals government inflation figure, and those intellectually-challenged people are calculating the inflation for some imaginary country. Their figure has nothing in common with real cost of living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home