.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday is my busiest day of the week. We have three classes in one day. In the morning Little Munchkin has gymnastics class. He still spends half of the class crying. The class has about 10 minutes of organized exercises and then it is a free play. He is fine with the free play part, but there is no way he is going to participate in any organized activities. He spends all group exercises time sitting on my lap and crying. The difference between him and Big Munchkin is just amazing. Big Munchkin always loved organized activities, e.g. group classes. She still does. Little Munchkin still does not love like them. His gym class is also very physically demanding - after running after him and helping with all the equipment I get tired.

In the afternoon Big Munchkin has her gymnastics class. It means that I have to drive to the same place twice in one day. After the gym Big Munchkin has a tap and ballet class. I have been trying to persuade her to drop it. I can really do with one class less, but she refuses to drop it. It is close to home, so at least I don't have to drive. Four other girls from her school go to that ballet class, so she is having fun there. Plus, she just loves dressing up in a pink tutu and ballet shoes.

I have started teaching Big Munchkin to read more actively. I think she can really do it, if she just starts paying attention. She knows all of the sounds and can blend some of them.

Big Munchkin is assigning roles to everyone these days. She is a Princess. Little Brother has been promoted from 'the pea' (as in the Princess and the Pea) to the Pauper (as in the Princess and the Pauper). Papa is Prince Charming. Mama is Cinderella 'because she is always cooking and cleaning in the kitchen'. Thank you ever so much ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home