.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I feel like I just about had enough of India. Mosquitoes are biting. Big Munchkin and I are covered in red spots; scratching and drinking Piriton. It is HOT. Little Munchkin and I have nasty heat rush. I am looking forward to coming back home.

The wedding was interesting. It was also very short. I am extremely grateful for it. The hall was not air-conditioned, and sari is very hot and uncomfortable wear. Fortunately, April 29 was an auspicious day for marriage. Quite a few weddings were happening and only a quoter of more that four thousand invited guests attended. The wedding started with a dinner at our house on the night before. Then people arrived the next morning to have breakfast and get loaded into the buses. Two hour long drive brought them to the marriage hall. The marriage itself lasted for only 20 or 30 minutes. Then there was a lunch (in rotations of a few hundred people) and few hours of taking pictures. After lunch the buses drove 'our' guests back home.

On the morning of the wedding the beautician came to get me ready. She did a decent job with make up, good job with flowers in my hair, and bad job with dressing me up. My mother in law with have done a much better job (as she did in the past) if only I could persuade her that she can. Anyway, by the lunch time I thought I am going to either start crying or hit somebody. The underskirt was tied so tightly that it cut into my skin. Fortunately, we had a hotel room booked nearby, where I could change into more comfortable dress before going home. The wedding was beautiful, and the dresses were lovely, and the bride looked fantastic, but I am glad that my wedding was so minimalistic. We had seven people including ourselves on both ceremonies (religious and civil) and spent all the cash on great honeymoons. I don't think I would have survived the heat and the crowd with nerves intact.

I also have some bad news about my husband. As some of you might know he had a bit of a back pain in the past few months. Every time he went to the doctor he got anti-inflammatory pills and 'strained muscle' diagnosis. Well, he went to the doctor here, and after MRI and other tests, he was told that he has slipped disks and few other nasty things with his spine. One of the disks is cutting into the spinal nerve. To make long story short, he needs extensive physiotherapy, and if it does not help he might need an operation. He cannot lift anything, including kids. It has been a major problem in the past few days. But at least now we know what is wrong, and hopefully can do something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home