
One of the things that I regret of not doing while we were in Canada is that we did not travel as much as we could. I don't want to have same regret if and when we move from the UK. So, this year we began to travel around. I began March with the trip to
Mudchute Farm. There were a lot of mud and very few animals. I've heard it gets better during the summer. I'll try it again in July or so.

Next we went to another city farm -
Surrey Docks Farm. The were quite a few animals- pigs, goats, cows, ducks, chickens, etc. Though it was very small and I did not feel it was worth the drive.
In early March I took both Munchkins to the London Zoo. The weather was great and we found many animals. Unfortunately, we did not see lions. And that was what Big Munchkin kept telling me about for the next week. 'We went to the Zoo and we did not see lions'. Dozens of animals that we did see did count.

By the next weekend I'd had enough and we went to Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, which features a big pride of lions. We really enjoyed it though the trip would have been better during warmer season. The rhinoceros were very impressive. I would quite like to go there again.

In early April we went to see
Upnor Castle on the banks of river Medway. Later same day we drove further to Canterbury. Both places are lovely. Canterbury definitely deserves another visit as we were not able to get inside its famous Cathedral.

Last weekend we went to
Warwick Castle - one of the best and most well known castles in the UK. We were very lucky to catch a few hours of sunshine.

Both Munchkins had great fun running around the castle grounds, playing at the Jester Academy and watching the Knights' Tournament. Surprisingly it was not as far as I feared. We biggest problem with driving anywhere in the UK is getting out of London. But once you are out it does not take much time. It took us only two and a half hours to get to Warwick. Another twenty minutes and would have been in Birmingham. This trip improved my confidence in feasibility of future trips. The summer hasn't even started yet.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home