.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Little Munchkin

His teeth are coming through one after another. If his dental situation does not improve with age we will be making really close friends with some lucky dentist. Little Munchkin has a major underbite (meaning his lower teeth overlap his upper). His teeth are growing all over the place. Their positions don't correspond one another. In short, unless it does even out naturally, he will require major dental intervention in future.

He is a good and very active boy. Does not stay in one place for a minute. I remember how Big Munchkin used to love reading. She still does. Little Munchkin could not care less. Short of duct taping him, I have not been able to come up with the way to sit done for a book. He loves blocks, stacking toys, and noisy electronic toys.

He is still not speaking. His sound vocabulary is so small that I don't expect him to start soon. I am trying not to stress about it.

I have been in a rather panicked mood lately trying to decided whether or not Little Munchkin should start the nursery with fall. I think I've checked every nursery withing a mile radius of my house. There was only one that I liked. Unfortunately, their waiting list is a mile long. They agreed to give me two full days instead of four half-days I've been asking for. In addition, they are offering me the two days I really don't need. I am still trying to decide what to do. This nursery also happen to be one of the more expensive ones. For two days a week they are charging 416 pounds a month. I told them that I am going to take these days, but I am more and more coming to the conclusion that I will not. I am thinking that I might just keep Little Munchkin at home till he is two and then send him to Big Munchkin's current nursery. I still have two nurseries to check out, so something might turn up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home