I have been incommunicado for the past week because Little Munchkin managed to wreck our computer. All he really did was to pull the plug out, but his timing was impeccable - the computer was loading and the battery was unplugged. Anyhow, the power surge corrupted the hard drive. The disk needed to re-start the computer was locked in a metal cabinet. The key to that cabinet was lost during our last move. So, first we had to call a locksmith, get the cabinet opened, find the disk, re-start the laptop, realized that it has to be reformatted. My DH spent the whole weekend reformatting the laptop and reinstalling all software. Due to pure lack I backed up the hard drive ten days before the incident. We did not lose any photos or videos or any important files. I have lost some of my stuff, but nothing vital.
Big Munchkin has hit another philosophical stage. She has been asking:
- Does papa like me?
- Of course honey, papa loves you very much
- But he is not here. Does papa like me if he is not here?
- Papa always likes you and loves you. Even when he is not here.
- Why papa is not here?
- Because papa has to earn money to pay for our house and for your classes and for your fairy dress with wings and for your new toys...
Another one was:
- Mommy, can I love my teachers?
I found this one a tough question. At the end I told her a qualified yes. But it raised an old question, yet again, how do I explain to Big Munchkin that not all people are good. Not every adult is her friend. How to explain her not to trust everyone without scaring her? This conversation is seriously overdue, but I simply don't know how to approach the subject.
Big Munchkin has hit another philosophical stage. She has been asking:
- Does papa like me?
- Of course honey, papa loves you very much
- But he is not here. Does papa like me if he is not here?
- Papa always likes you and loves you. Even when he is not here.
- Why papa is not here?
- Because papa has to earn money to pay for our house and for your classes and for your fairy dress with wings and for your new toys...
Another one was:
- Mommy, can I love my teachers?
I found this one a tough question. At the end I told her a qualified yes. But it raised an old question, yet again, how do I explain to Big Munchkin that not all people are good. Not every adult is her friend. How to explain her not to trust everyone without scaring her? This conversation is seriously overdue, but I simply don't know how to approach the subject.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home