I haven't been writing much because my mum is here. My DH and I have been using her free babysitting services. We have been going out pretty much every day since she arrived a week ago. It has been strange to be outside of the house in the dark and without the kids. We haven't gone out since February and we haven't gone out since we moved into this house at all. It felt very strange. We checked out our local pub and couple of other places. On Friday we went to London to meet up with a few friends. We went to a tapas bar and to a wine bar afterwards.
In the meanwhile, Big Munchkin started school. It actually is a pre-school nursery, but we advertise it as a school to Big Munchkin. She got settled without any issues whatsoever. She just went in, said "I have to make a cake. See you later". And off she went to a sand box. I was just left standing there, thinking what do I do now? Should I stay for a bit, should I go? The teacher told me to go and if there are any issues they will call me. I spend the next two and a half hours holding on to my cell phone, but no call came. Big Munchkin was absolutely fine.
I am finally feeling a bit better about the whole being in the UK thing. I don't hate being here as much as I did. I took almost two years but I feel like I am finally getting settled and things are falling into their proper places. Once Big Munchkin is officially in primary school I would feel even better. That should happen in May, but, until then, I feel quite all right.
In the meanwhile, Big Munchkin started school. It actually is a pre-school nursery, but we advertise it as a school to Big Munchkin. She got settled without any issues whatsoever. She just went in, said "I have to make a cake. See you later". And off she went to a sand box. I was just left standing there, thinking what do I do now? Should I stay for a bit, should I go? The teacher told me to go and if there are any issues they will call me. I spend the next two and a half hours holding on to my cell phone, but no call came. Big Munchkin was absolutely fine.
I am finally feeling a bit better about the whole being in the UK thing. I don't hate being here as much as I did. I took almost two years but I feel like I am finally getting settled and things are falling into their proper places. Once Big Munchkin is officially in primary school I would feel even better. That should happen in May, but, until then, I feel quite all right.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home