.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, March 09, 2009

At the end of February we celebrated Little Munchkin's Birthday. Can't believe he is three years old now. I had a little 'cake and tea' party - cake for the kids and tea for the parents. My DH called it the 'milk and cookie' party. I just invited a few of his/my little friends in the time slot between picking up the little ones from the nursery and picking up the big brothers/sisters from school. It worked well. Little Munchkin did not really realised that it was his birthday, until he saw the cake and the candles and he realised that he is going to be the one blowing the candles. He had this expression of complete amazement mixed with bewilderment - 'the cake ... for me!!!??? I am going to blow the candles??? I AM going to blow the candles!!! My candles!!! My own candles!!!' It took him a lot of time and effort, but he did manage to blow them. Big Munchkin was a bit cross that she missed the party, but then she did have a piece of cake and 'helped' her little brother tp open his presents.

The next morning was his actual birthday. We decided to continue our tradition of having a cake for breakfast. My DH was slightly disappointed that I baked a cake for Little Munchkin's party. So he bought absolutely enormous cake for his Birthday Breakfast. I had to distribute the pieces among my friends the next day. It was a good cake. Though Big Munchkin liked the cake I made more than the bought one.

Big Munchkin has been annoying me lately. One of her favourite things at the moment is going around saying 'banana' every five minutes. It goes like this:
- banana ... banana ... mama banana ... banana bottom ... banana ....
- Munchkin, please don't be rude.
- But mummy, banana is just a fruit (blink, blink - flattering eye lashes and looking innocent).

Same conversation repeats with sausage:
- But mummy, it is just food. It is not a rude word (blink, blink).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home