.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Friday, November 28, 2008

On Monday and Tuesday I went for a speech development workshop. It was very interesting and I've learnt a great deal. There are a few things that I would be trying with Little Munchkin.

My DH looked after the kids on those days. He had a great time. Of course he did no cooking or cleaning. He took Little Munchkin out for lunch on both days and boiled pel'meni (Russian dumplings) for dinner. On Monday he managed to avoid giving the kids any fruits or vegetables. A little lecture on the importance of 5-a-day rectified it the next day.

Going out for two days really reminded me how nice it is not to have to go to work. I did not enjoy spending every morning and evening playing sardines with a bunch of smelly commuters. I also found it difficult to spend the whole day sitting down. I am not used to it any more.

The last couple of days we've been very distressed about the events in Mumbai. My DH and I both found it extremely upsetting. I have been in most of the places that have been attacked. We stayed in Taj Palace Hotel. If we were in India, we and our children would have been staying there. All of our friends and family members are fine, but I don't think I would feel secure enough to visit Mumbai for a very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home