.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Last weekend Big Munchkin insisted on getting a Christmas tree. Although I thought it was a bit early, she really wanted the tree 'NOW'. So, we got the tree and decorated it. The kids have been re-decorating it ever since. We made a glittery star to put on top of the tree and other decorations. I will be clearing the glitter out of the house well after Christmas.

This week was the last week of school for both Munchkins. On Wednesday they both had their Christmas concerts. Little Munchkin was a horse in his nursery play. He's been practicing 'jingle bells' for weeks, mostly waking up in the middle of the night and singing. His play for at a beautifully decorated church hall. He did not actually sing anything, but at least he did not cry or run away from the stage. He actually sat there the whole time. I did shed a tear though.

Big Munchkin's concert was at another church. She did sing all her songs with her class. We took Little Munchkin to see his sister. He ate lots of sweets and then had a major sugar rush - kept jumping all over the place. Now the school is over and I will be having them at home till the first week of January.

My DH is taking the next week off. As usual, he got sick on the first day of his vacation. It happens nearly every holidays. He does have a valid explanation for it - he runs on stress and adrenaline, and once the relaxes a bit he gets sick. It is understandable, but no less annoying. At the moment I find it extremely aggravating. He has a cold or a flu or something.

For kids everything is about Christmas now. Big Munchkin wrote a letter to Santa and we posted it to the Royal Mail free Santa service. Hopefully, she will receive a reply. Big Munchkin has an advent calendar where I put little notes of what we should be doing on that day -reading a particular story or doing card or searching for a present under a tree. We told her that Santa's Little Mouse and his Cat bring those notes. She is really waiting for Santa this year. She asked for a dress and a doll house. I already have them all stashed in a garage. I told her that she can ask for one big present, e.g. a railway or a doll house that she will have to share with her little brother. She still managed to add a dress to her list. Anyway, we most pressing issue is: 'How will Santa get into our house with all the presents if we don't have a chimney?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home