.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Friday, April 10, 2009

I did not realize that I haven't written any updates for so long. Easter holidays have began two weeks ago. We've been busy. During the first week of holidays we went to the newly renovated London Aquarium. It is still not done, and I doubt all the work is going to be completed for a few weeks yet. But, whatever is done, looks great. I will certainly be buying another annual membership there. Kids loved it. There is a new rock pool where you can poke (e.g. gently touch) a starfish and a crab.

Then we went for our 'big' spring holiday trip to Bruges, Belgium. We had a great time. The weather was lovely. We really did not do much there - slept, ate, swam in a pool, walked a lot. We did not take a car out of the parking lot since we parked it on arrival. We went to see chocolate museum and did a canal boat trip. Overall, it was a nice relaxing trip. My dad came over with his wife. It was nice to see him too, as it's been awhile. Big Munchkin had a bit of a trouble trying to figure out just how grandpa's wife is related to me. I still don't think she really grasped the concept of divorce and re-marriage and just as well.

After we came back I took them to the Mudchute Farm to see the animals. Then, we went for a concert at the Library. Big Munchkin ended up demonstrating a duet with a friend of hers. They sang 'Twinkle, twinkle little star' together.

The next day, I took them to see the Robot Zoo Exhibition at the Horniman Museum. They both loved it. I had to carry Little Munchkin kicking and screaming out of there. We also went to see the Aquarium at the Museum. It is small but very well organized.

On Thursday we also had an Easter Party. I ended up having it at my house, because no one else volunteered and Big Munchkin really wanted a party. Fortunately, the rest of the girls got all preparations split between everyone. I only had to do kids' sandwiches, make jello and slightly clean the house. The girls from our 'gang' brought everything else. They also helped to clean up. One even vacuumed the floor in the living room.

Today we went to Leeds Castle. We were there last year and we decided to utilise our last year's tickets as they give a free entrance for a year. The weather was nice and sunny. We took kids' scooters and they had a good time scooting all across the park. They also did an Easter Trail looking for pictures of animals hidden in the park - to earn a chocolate bunny.

The next week also promises to be very busy. I'll try to write about it sooner rather than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home