I've been having more of medically active days. Last Saturday Big Munchkin developed a rush on her back. On Sunday it got a lot worse. On Monday I took her to the health centre, where a GP told us that it looks like an allergic reaction on a plant or an insect bite, possibly of a caterpillar. The next day the red rush has spread on her face. When I went back to the health centre, we were promptly sent to the emergency department of our local hospital. Fortunately, the emergency department was pretty much empty, so we got a first class service. After being checked out by two different specialists, we were told that it is very unlikely that she has a meningitis and it does look like a heat rush. Big Munchkin feels fine. She is all happy usual self. I am stressed as hell. Being told that they were suspecting meningitis and did not tell me anything was not particularly pleasant. She really does not look in any way ill. Hopefully her rush will begin to subside before our flight to India. In any case, I am getting both kids check out by pediatrician and dermatologist once we get there. I am also planning on getting a full physical for myself and my husband and I am planning on visiting a few specialists while I am there. Health care in India in my experience is better than it is in the UK and on par with Canada.
London has been impossibly hot in the past few days. I can't believe that I am looking forward to going to India because it will be cooler there. Not least because our house there is partially air-conditioned. I am really looking forward to giving the kids to grandparents, sitting in my air conditioned room with my laptop connected to the wireless broadband, opening the door once in a while for a delivery of chai and vadas. One week to go.
London has been impossibly hot in the past few days. I can't believe that I am looking forward to going to India because it will be cooler there. Not least because our house there is partially air-conditioned. I am really looking forward to giving the kids to grandparents, sitting in my air conditioned room with my laptop connected to the wireless broadband, opening the door once in a while for a delivery of chai and vadas. One week to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home