Many people tell me: 'It must be so nice to have so much free time. After all, you are a stay at home mother. You don't work.' So I decided to do a little write up this week - what do I do all day.
Day one: Monday.
I woke up at 4.15 a.m. when Big Munchkin climbed into my bed. The night before she refused to wear warm pajamas. By morning she got frozen and decided that the best place to warm up is mama's and papa's bed. Hence, I was woken up by two frozen little feet pressed to the middle of my tummy. After she got herself comfortable I was told to go back to sleep.
I dozed off till 5.30 when Little Munchkin woke up and demanded milk and attention. I made his milk and my husband brought him to our bed to feed.
I got up at 6 a.m., laid down kids clothes for the day, and brushed my teeth.
At 6.15 a.m. I left my husband to deal with washing, dressing and feeding and went to gym. There I did 40 min of cardio and signed up both Munchkins for their summer vacation swimming classes.
I came back at 7.40 to find kids dressed, fed and ready to go. I had a quick bowl of cereal while my husband put kids in the car.
At 7.50 we left home. I drove Big Munchkin to daycare, then dropped off my husband at a train station.
I came back home at 8.20. Changed Little Munchkin and gave him milk. I went on-line to book tickets for Big Munchkin. There is an Angelina Ballerina Ballet for kids coming up. She loves these books and cartoons. I also checked the address of the NCT's open house, which is happening later.
I left home a t 8.50 to take Little Munchkin to a photo session in our local shopping centre. I had a coupon for a free seating there and decided to get him photographed. Fortunately, there was no line up and we were back by 10 a.m.
I moved Little Munchkin from car into the stroller and we went for his Music class.
We were back 11.30. I made fish soup for his lunch, and we had it together.
At 12 our cleaning lady came. Little Munchkin and I spend an hour playing at home.
At 1 we went grocery shopping and to drop off dry cleaning. Then, we drove there straight to the National Childbirth Trust open house. Open house is organized by one of the members in her home. It is a good opportunity for me to meet other mums in the area and it is a good opportunity for Little Munchkin to play with other kids and toys.
We left at 3.30, came home to change Little Munchkin's diaper and have milk.
At 4 we drove to the daycare to pick up Big Munchkin.
We were home by 4.20. I made pasta and chicken for kids dinner. Luckily there is still enough food left from the weekend's party for my husband. So, I don't have to cook for him. While I was making dinner Big Munchkin managed to make four poos in the panties. Every time I had to wash, and persuade her to at least wear panties. After the last time I told her to sit on a toilet until she makes a poo. It worked. After clapping and drawing the octopus on her potty training chart (she gets a picture of a fish for making a wee and a picture of an octopus for the other action), we all had dinner.
After dinner Big Munchkin got to watch Angelina Ballerina while I gave a bath and a milk to Little Munchkin. He was in bed by 6.20.
It took another 20 minutes to persuade Big Munchkin to go for a shower. By the time she got undressed my other half came back from work. Coming home at 7 p.m. is rather early for him. He gave Big Munchkin a kiss and went to gym. It took me over an hour to get her washed and dressed for the night. We read books and she finally fell asleep at around 8.30.
Fortunately, I ironed the night before, so I have time to do a bit of research on ballet classes in the area. Big Munchkin has been asking about it for some time. It is 9.30 p.m. I have to wash dishes; clean the kitchen; move laundry from washer to the drier; put another load into the washer. I am sure I should be able to get to bed early - at around 11 p.m.
Till tomorrow ....
Day one: Monday.
I woke up at 4.15 a.m. when Big Munchkin climbed into my bed. The night before she refused to wear warm pajamas. By morning she got frozen and decided that the best place to warm up is mama's and papa's bed. Hence, I was woken up by two frozen little feet pressed to the middle of my tummy. After she got herself comfortable I was told to go back to sleep.
I dozed off till 5.30 when Little Munchkin woke up and demanded milk and attention. I made his milk and my husband brought him to our bed to feed.
I got up at 6 a.m., laid down kids clothes for the day, and brushed my teeth.
At 6.15 a.m. I left my husband to deal with washing, dressing and feeding and went to gym. There I did 40 min of cardio and signed up both Munchkins for their summer vacation swimming classes.
I came back at 7.40 to find kids dressed, fed and ready to go. I had a quick bowl of cereal while my husband put kids in the car.
At 7.50 we left home. I drove Big Munchkin to daycare, then dropped off my husband at a train station.
I came back home at 8.20. Changed Little Munchkin and gave him milk. I went on-line to book tickets for Big Munchkin. There is an Angelina Ballerina Ballet for kids coming up. She loves these books and cartoons. I also checked the address of the NCT's open house, which is happening later.
I left home a t 8.50 to take Little Munchkin to a photo session in our local shopping centre. I had a coupon for a free seating there and decided to get him photographed. Fortunately, there was no line up and we were back by 10 a.m.
I moved Little Munchkin from car into the stroller and we went for his Music class.
We were back 11.30. I made fish soup for his lunch, and we had it together.
At 12 our cleaning lady came. Little Munchkin and I spend an hour playing at home.
At 1 we went grocery shopping and to drop off dry cleaning. Then, we drove there straight to the National Childbirth Trust open house. Open house is organized by one of the members in her home. It is a good opportunity for me to meet other mums in the area and it is a good opportunity for Little Munchkin to play with other kids and toys.
We left at 3.30, came home to change Little Munchkin's diaper and have milk.
At 4 we drove to the daycare to pick up Big Munchkin.
We were home by 4.20. I made pasta and chicken for kids dinner. Luckily there is still enough food left from the weekend's party for my husband. So, I don't have to cook for him. While I was making dinner Big Munchkin managed to make four poos in the panties. Every time I had to wash, and persuade her to at least wear panties. After the last time I told her to sit on a toilet until she makes a poo. It worked. After clapping and drawing the octopus on her potty training chart (she gets a picture of a fish for making a wee and a picture of an octopus for the other action), we all had dinner.
After dinner Big Munchkin got to watch Angelina Ballerina while I gave a bath and a milk to Little Munchkin. He was in bed by 6.20.
It took another 20 minutes to persuade Big Munchkin to go for a shower. By the time she got undressed my other half came back from work. Coming home at 7 p.m. is rather early for him. He gave Big Munchkin a kiss and went to gym. It took me over an hour to get her washed and dressed for the night. We read books and she finally fell asleep at around 8.30.
Fortunately, I ironed the night before, so I have time to do a bit of research on ballet classes in the area. Big Munchkin has been asking about it for some time. It is 9.30 p.m. I have to wash dishes; clean the kitchen; move laundry from washer to the drier; put another load into the washer. I am sure I should be able to get to bed early - at around 11 p.m.
Till tomorrow ....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home