.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Saturday, July 07, 2007



Big Munchkin refused to go to her first ballet class today. I guess, it is OK. I never force her to go to any of the classes. She really wanted to learn ballet, just like Angelina Ballerina, but when we got to the ballet school she refused to go to the class. I'll try again after summer vacation in September.

Her schedule for next term is beginning to take shape. On Monday both kids are going to have a music class. It is a rather unstructured class, which looks more like a playgroup, but Little Munchkin likes it. So, I decided to take both of them there. On Tuesday, Big Munchkin is going to continue with her gymnastics class. She already passed first two pre-school levels. From September she will be going to that class by herself. For the duration of her class I am going to take Little Munchkin to the soft play centre in the same building. On Wednesday, she will continue with her Chinese language class. I am not very keen on that class as there is nothing to occupy Little Munchkin while she is inside, but Big Munchkin really likes it. She specifically asked for this class to continue. On Thursday, I am waiting for conformation for her tennis class. Hopefully, the school will have enough 3-4 year-old kids to open a class for them. If not, she will have that day off. On Friday, there is a French language class. She is still on a waiting list. I hope she'll get it. It would be very convenient for me as this class in very close to our house. On Saturday, she will continue with her swimming classes. I am trying to arrange swimming classes for Little Munchkin at the same time. I should know by the end of July if he gets it. The ballet class can be scheduled either on Saturday after swimming or on Friday if she does not get into French.

So far, Little Munchkin has been signed up only for the music class and , tentatively, swimming. I ma thinking of adding a Tumbletots class as well. It is a kind of climbing and running class for toddlers. On the the differences in personalities between Little and Big Munchkin is their attitude towards organized activities - Big Munchkin loves classes. Little Munchkin does not. Only now Little Munchkin is starting to enjoy group activities. I don't want to overload him as it might have an opposite effect. On the contrary Big Munchkin loves organized activities. She loves uniforms, other kids, teachers, etc. She really needs at least one activity a day to stop her from getting bored.

She is also very good at painting. I think she inherited something from my mother - love of gymnastics, swimming and painting. Those two portraits of me and of my husband where done even before she turned three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home