.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 5: Friday

The night before I made it to bed just after midnight. Totally my fault though, It looks like I need to find new swimming class for Big Munchkin. Her current swimming pool is closing down for refurbishment. It can take years before it reopens. Last night I spent an hour or so searching for alteratives. Getting her into a class in our gym would have been great, but the waiting list is a year long. Plus, I should not have watched so much TV.

Today was a nice relaxing day. Big Munchkin managed to migrate to our bed in the middle of the night. I am not sure when Little Munchkin woke as my OH dealt with him swiftly. I woke up around 6.40. My OH and I shared washing and dressing the Munchkins. I fed them. Drove Big Munchkin to daycare and my OH to the train station. Then, Little Munchkin and I went to to our Big Weekly Grocery Shopping. We came back at around 9.30. Little Munchkin fell asleep in the car and I decided to move him inside. We settled together on a sofa and had a nice an hour long nap. We got up an around 10.30, had a snack, and went to town to have lunch with my OH. It took us an hour to get to his building. For the last 20 minutes Little Munchkin was screaming his head off. He got scared of an elevator, I think, when we were changing trains. So, he screamed through the whole of tube ride bring 'joy', I am sure, to all the tube passengers.

We had a nice unhealthy lunch - burgers and chips. I did a bit of shopping in Baby Gap - 10 pounds for a baby sweater is a bargain by local standards. On the way back we took longer route - got out two stations before ours and walked home. Little Munchkin had a nice nap in a stroller.

We came home at around 3 p.m., had a snack, and a diaper change, and drove to the local shopping centre to meet a friend for a coffee. We had a coffee and a chat while Little Munchkin protested about not being allowed to run free all across the mall. From there, we went to pick up Big Munchkin from the daycare.

After that the evening routine kicked in - came home, cooked dinner for kids - pan-fried salmon, tomatoes, cucumber, peas, toast, and apricots for desert. My OH is eating yesterday's kichchadi.

After dinner Big Munchkin was left watching Angelina Ballerina while I gave Little Munchkin a bath and put him to sleep. After that Big Munchkin had a shower, had books read to her and went to sleep. She was asleep by 7.45 or so.

I cleaned kitchen, collected all dirty diapers and dirty laundry from all over the house. Put another load onto washing machine. I really ought to start doing ironing more often ... but it is not going to happen today. Last, I was doing research on all potential tennis and language classes. I have only two weeks left to make decision about their schedule for the next term. All bookings must be done before the end of the summer term, and for many classes it means within next two weeks. I need to decided who is taking which class and when. I think I know all potential classes within reasonable driving distance from our house. Now I need to make a choice of how many and which classes their are going to take. It is proving to be a time consuming exercise.

Till tomorrow ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home