76 day ago a couple of British tourists were having a nice dinner just a few minutes away from the flat where their three kids slept. They kept checking on the kids every half an hour. At one of the checks they found the door and window opened and their 4 year old daughter missing. Their 2 year old twins were still sound asleep. Madeleine McCann has disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment in Portugal. Her disappearance has been a major news in the UK. Her parents have done all humanly possible to raise awareness, but she is still missing. For me her disappearance was a huge shock. I can't help thinking that it could have been us. Normal middle class family from the UK goes for holiday to traditional British destination to a typical family resort. I know it is irrational, but I don't think I will be able to go to Portugal. Ever. Portugal for me will be forever associated with this story. Portugal is a county where little girls disappear never to be seen again. I don't think I would ever be able to go to Mark Warner resorts. Where was their security? Where were their cameras? I cannot imagine what the McCanns are going through. They vowed to remain in Portugal until Madeleine is found. I can only wish them luck.
On the Road to Motherhood
This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home