.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Imagine a picture - a husband comes home late. He is all dressed in a suit and generally looking like a guy with a City job, and he is carrying a four one meter long raspberry plants completed with all the dirt packed in a plastic bag. After I finished laughing, I thought that it was rather sweet. His rationale was that, since I like raspberries, it would be nice to plant a few bushes in our tiny backyard. So, when someone at work boasted that he grows great raspberries in his garden, my DH got him to bring a few seedlings to be planted in our backyard. I am sure that guy was overjoyed dragging four raspberry bushes during his long morning commute all the way to work. As I told my DH - other husbands actually bring flowers when they work late - mine brings raspberry bushes. It was hilarious, but very sweet. Since my DH had no clue what to do with them, I had to call our 'gardener' (the old guy who cuts our grass) and ask him to come over and plant those poor raspberry bushes. He was amused, but did the job. Now we have four thin sticks that would hopefully produce raspberries in some future.

Little Munchkin has an official first word - 'All Done'. It is clear, loud, reproducible and used often.

Last weekend Big Munchkin went to see another play 'Dream Tree'. This weekend she was keen to go to see another play. I had a hard time trying to explain to her that she is not seeing another play, since my DH thought that I am overdoing the whole theatre thing, and she should be going to the theatre not so often. Big Munchkin clearly disagrees.

My DH''s back pain has flared up again. He spent good part of the week in pain and unable to do much. After going to the doctor and taking his meds he is doing better. He's got a referral for physiotherapy - hopefully we can get it arranged quickly. If not, we might need another trip to India where he can get prompt and professional medical treatment.

Little Munchkin spent another week with conjunctivitis in both eyes. Hopefully, it is gone now. We'll see in a day or two.

Big Munchkin is going to start her Spanish classes next week. It would be actually a private class for her and me at our house. I arranged a teacher to come to us. I think it would be easier this way and I might learn something too. I also dropped her drama class. We had too many classes. Little Munchkin is on a waiting list for a music class. If everything goes according to plan he can start in in March. He is also expected to start a football class. I am not certain he is ready for it though. I'll decide when he gets a place. There is also a Russian playgroup being organized. We might start going there. Again, I am not yet sure. Big Munchkin's french class has a new teacher and now it seems to be going better. I'll see how well she does this term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home