It's been awhile. So I'll just give a list of things that happened recently.
1. I took Big Munchkin to see The Lion King musical. It was great. The music itself was nothing special, but the production was fantastic. We went there as a part of Big Munchkin's school group with lots of her friends. We had to separate the girls early on as they could not stop chatting. Big Munchkin really like the musical.
2. I took Big Munchkin for her 'Classics' school trip to Rome, Italy. I really wanted to go myself, since I've never been there. I also did not have high expectations. Overall, it was a good trip. Educational value of it for Big Munchkin was nearly zero, but she had a good time. She played a lot with other kids, ate a lot of ice cream. We talked a lot. It is a first time we spent so much time together, just the two of us. She behaved reasonably well. I had a really good break. We did not see as much of Rome as I would have by myself. We had six hours of guided tour a day. By the end of it, Big Munchkin had no strength left to do anything else.
My DH and Little Munchkin had a good time in London as well. I think my DH was trying to prove that he can do it. The house was cleaner than how I left it. He did the laundry, ironed it and put it all way. He told me that he really understood that it does need to be done with a military precision. You miss one load a day and you'll be drowning it dirty laundry right away. My DH even filled the car with petrol and bought milk.
Little Munchkin was very happy to see us. Gave me and Big Munchkin a big hug and a kiss.
3. We went all together for see another 'traditional English beach heritage town' - Whitstable. I liked it less that our previous trip to Camber beach, This beach was all pebbles. Kids were trying to build a sandcastle out of them, but it did not work that well. They had a good time anyway. There were a lot of seafood there - my DH ate a lot of oysters and other shellfish. Kids had their ice cream.
4. Out of slightly negative news. Little Munchkin has been diagnosed with ASD - autistic spectrum disorder. He had a team assessment and their conclusion that he has communication difficulties on an autistic spectrum. They can't say where on the spectrum he is, but it is not severe. They also don't think he has any learning difficulties, which is a huge relief to hear. Basically, it means that he can learn, but it his own way.
5. Little Munchkin also did not get in into the state nursery, which is right in front of our house. Apparently, they had 15 places - 14 went to siblings and 1 to the only kid who lives closer than us. In a way, I was really happy and relieved that we did not get in. Little Munchkin is very happy in his current nursery. It would have been a hugely difficult decision to make if he did get a place. Now, I don't have to make a decision. I already told his current (private) nursery that he will be staying there and that I want five mornings. So, from September he will be going there five morning a week. Quite a few other kids of his age group are staying there as well, including two kids who would be going to the same private school Big Munchkin is going to (and where we would ideally like to see Little Munchkin go).
6. Today Big Munchkin went for a horse riding workshop. It was a full day event. Nearly half of her class signed up as well. They had a great time. The stables are surprisingly close to our house. And the cost was very reasonable. I think it is something she will be doing more often during the summer holidays.
7. The most negative recent news. As some of you might remember, my DH was supposed to go to Mexico. The trip was cancelled due to the swine flue out break. Unfortunately, it's been reorganized. Now, he is going to Brazil, for two weeks. What is even more unfortunate, he is going right in the middle of the summer holidays for the two weeks i planned as our family holidays. Now I have absolutely nothing planned. All our friends are leaving. I have no idea what I am going to do alone with two of them.
8. We have summer half term break right now - back to school on Monday. Summer holidays will start on a month and they are 9 weeks long. I signed up Big Munchkin for a week to the drama school and for a week to the cooking school. Little Munchkin's nursery does not close for holidays until third week of July. Most of their after-school classes will continue until the end of July. It is the first three weeks of August I have nothing to do. I might start looking for some time summer camp where I can send Big Munchkin, even if it is just for a couple of hours a day.
9. At the moment, Big Munchkin is doing four classes - gymnastics, drama, Chinese language, and swimming. I am having second thought about continuing with gymnastics. She is good, but it is a high trauma sport. If she does get selected into the team, which is becoming more and more likely, I am not sure if she should continue. I don't want to have broken bones there. Her swimming is progressing very well. She can now swim the length of the pool by herself. We are dropping drama next year. It is not a good value for money. She also wants to do a ballet class, and she can't do more than four classes a week. It is just to much. So, if she wants to do another class she has to drop one of the classes she is already doing. In this case, it is drama.
10. Little Munchkin is also doing four classes - gymnastics and swimming without me and dance and music with me. His dance class is brilliant. His daddy takes him there. It is one of the best programmes in London. Absolutely fantastic. Big Munchkin is still on a waiting list for it, but I doubt she'll ever get it. Little Munchkin seem to get in because they had shortage of boys. I think it is the best class that we have ever done with either of the kids.
1. I took Big Munchkin to see The Lion King musical. It was great. The music itself was nothing special, but the production was fantastic. We went there as a part of Big Munchkin's school group with lots of her friends. We had to separate the girls early on as they could not stop chatting. Big Munchkin really like the musical.
2. I took Big Munchkin for her 'Classics' school trip to Rome, Italy. I really wanted to go myself, since I've never been there. I also did not have high expectations. Overall, it was a good trip. Educational value of it for Big Munchkin was nearly zero, but she had a good time. She played a lot with other kids, ate a lot of ice cream. We talked a lot. It is a first time we spent so much time together, just the two of us. She behaved reasonably well. I had a really good break. We did not see as much of Rome as I would have by myself. We had six hours of guided tour a day. By the end of it, Big Munchkin had no strength left to do anything else.
My DH and Little Munchkin had a good time in London as well. I think my DH was trying to prove that he can do it. The house was cleaner than how I left it. He did the laundry, ironed it and put it all way. He told me that he really understood that it does need to be done with a military precision. You miss one load a day and you'll be drowning it dirty laundry right away. My DH even filled the car with petrol and bought milk.
Little Munchkin was very happy to see us. Gave me and Big Munchkin a big hug and a kiss.
3. We went all together for see another 'traditional English beach heritage town' - Whitstable. I liked it less that our previous trip to Camber beach, This beach was all pebbles. Kids were trying to build a sandcastle out of them, but it did not work that well. They had a good time anyway. There were a lot of seafood there - my DH ate a lot of oysters and other shellfish. Kids had their ice cream.
4. Out of slightly negative news. Little Munchkin has been diagnosed with ASD - autistic spectrum disorder. He had a team assessment and their conclusion that he has communication difficulties on an autistic spectrum. They can't say where on the spectrum he is, but it is not severe. They also don't think he has any learning difficulties, which is a huge relief to hear. Basically, it means that he can learn, but it his own way.
5. Little Munchkin also did not get in into the state nursery, which is right in front of our house. Apparently, they had 15 places - 14 went to siblings and 1 to the only kid who lives closer than us. In a way, I was really happy and relieved that we did not get in. Little Munchkin is very happy in his current nursery. It would have been a hugely difficult decision to make if he did get a place. Now, I don't have to make a decision. I already told his current (private) nursery that he will be staying there and that I want five mornings. So, from September he will be going there five morning a week. Quite a few other kids of his age group are staying there as well, including two kids who would be going to the same private school Big Munchkin is going to (and where we would ideally like to see Little Munchkin go).
6. Today Big Munchkin went for a horse riding workshop. It was a full day event. Nearly half of her class signed up as well. They had a great time. The stables are surprisingly close to our house. And the cost was very reasonable. I think it is something she will be doing more often during the summer holidays.
7. The most negative recent news. As some of you might remember, my DH was supposed to go to Mexico. The trip was cancelled due to the swine flue out break. Unfortunately, it's been reorganized. Now, he is going to Brazil, for two weeks. What is even more unfortunate, he is going right in the middle of the summer holidays for the two weeks i planned as our family holidays. Now I have absolutely nothing planned. All our friends are leaving. I have no idea what I am going to do alone with two of them.
8. We have summer half term break right now - back to school on Monday. Summer holidays will start on a month and they are 9 weeks long. I signed up Big Munchkin for a week to the drama school and for a week to the cooking school. Little Munchkin's nursery does not close for holidays until third week of July. Most of their after-school classes will continue until the end of July. It is the first three weeks of August I have nothing to do. I might start looking for some time summer camp where I can send Big Munchkin, even if it is just for a couple of hours a day.
9. At the moment, Big Munchkin is doing four classes - gymnastics, drama, Chinese language, and swimming. I am having second thought about continuing with gymnastics. She is good, but it is a high trauma sport. If she does get selected into the team, which is becoming more and more likely, I am not sure if she should continue. I don't want to have broken bones there. Her swimming is progressing very well. She can now swim the length of the pool by herself. We are dropping drama next year. It is not a good value for money. She also wants to do a ballet class, and she can't do more than four classes a week. It is just to much. So, if she wants to do another class she has to drop one of the classes she is already doing. In this case, it is drama.
10. Little Munchkin is also doing four classes - gymnastics and swimming without me and dance and music with me. His dance class is brilliant. His daddy takes him there. It is one of the best programmes in London. Absolutely fantastic. Big Munchkin is still on a waiting list for it, but I doubt she'll ever get it. Little Munchkin seem to get in because they had shortage of boys. I think it is the best class that we have ever done with either of the kids.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home