We have been in India for a few days now, and I finally have a bit of time to write an update. Fling to India was not that bad. As our flight left London at past 9 p.m. both kids were sound asleep. Fortunately they more or less remained asleep for most of the flight. Bassinet provided by the airline was quite comfortable and very convenient. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get comfortable enough in an economy class seat to get any sleep. Airport transfer in Mumbai was relatively efficient, other than then fact that I had to change Little Munchkin's diaper two or three times in washrooms that are not equipped for it. It took us less than a day to arrive to our India home.
Since our arrival we haven't done anything exciting. We went to visit a few relatives. Other relatives came to visit us. Little Munchkin is enjoying his new found freedom - he spends most of the time wearing his birth suit and being carries around by grandparents. He is having a great time. The Samsonite Pop Up bed we bought for him has proven a great buy as well. The only problem is that I should have bought an original bed sheet for this bed as well. I spent a first night stressing out that Little Munchkin might pull the improvised bed sheet on his face. The next day I pinned it to the mattress with safety pins. Now I am stressing out that one of the comes off and Little Munchkin might try to eat it. So far he hasn't even tried to pull it off, but it is still an issue for me.
Big Munchkin is having a problem with food. She eats all breads - dosa, idli, oppam. She loves 'chakka chips' (jack fruit chips), which she calls 'chocolate chips'. She loves cashew nuts and some sweets and local small bananas. But that is about it. She refuses to eat local fish, any vegetables, or rice. Today we had to limit her intake of chips, but we still could not get a spoon of rice into her. Hopefully hunger will help and she'll start eating.
My biggest problem so far have been mosquitoes. Monsoon seem to be coming to a close, and mosquitoes are out in huge numbers. I've been bitten numerous times already.
Since our arrival we haven't done anything exciting. We went to visit a few relatives. Other relatives came to visit us. Little Munchkin is enjoying his new found freedom - he spends most of the time wearing his birth suit and being carries around by grandparents. He is having a great time. The Samsonite Pop Up bed we bought for him has proven a great buy as well. The only problem is that I should have bought an original bed sheet for this bed as well. I spent a first night stressing out that Little Munchkin might pull the improvised bed sheet on his face. The next day I pinned it to the mattress with safety pins. Now I am stressing out that one of the comes off and Little Munchkin might try to eat it. So far he hasn't even tried to pull it off, but it is still an issue for me.
Big Munchkin is having a problem with food. She eats all breads - dosa, idli, oppam. She loves 'chakka chips' (jack fruit chips), which she calls 'chocolate chips'. She loves cashew nuts and some sweets and local small bananas. But that is about it. She refuses to eat local fish, any vegetables, or rice. Today we had to limit her intake of chips, but we still could not get a spoon of rice into her. Hopefully hunger will help and she'll start eating.
My biggest problem so far have been mosquitoes. Monsoon seem to be coming to a close, and mosquitoes are out in huge numbers. I've been bitten numerous times already.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home