
When we were planning this trip I had this idyllic vision of how I am going to spend my time here - give kids to grandparents, sit alone in my air conditioning room organizing my cookbook. The reality is very different from the dream - as usual. First of all, Big Munchkin refused to part with her parents. So, she is with us - always. Mosquitoes are hunting everyone is their thousands. Rain is poring pretty much non stop (after all it is monsoon). Relatives have descended in mass. I forgot just how many of them are out here. The house, though is only 8 years old, is in serious need of maintenance. The roof is leaking. The electric wiring is not working properly, affecting air-conditioning, water heaters, etc ... The humidity is 100%. Essentially, it means that baby formula starts accumulating moisture as soon as it is open. It cannot be stored as it was in London. Wet towels do not dry even in two days. Since the laundry drier is broken, it takes forever to dry anything.
There are good things. Little Munchkin is having a blast with grandparents. I pretty much don't see him at all. The temperature is very mild. It is generally below 30 (around 25-27). It is very nice. I don't have to cook, clean or wash anything at all. At least in that respect, I am on vacation.
Last week we did one of the important things we were planning on doing here - medical check ups. We did all the blood work and a bunch of other tests. We are all fine, and I will sleep better knowing that. Other than that - we were going to see relatives and relatives were coming to see us. Their numbers eliminate all chances to realize one very important element of my dream vacation - solitude. Well, you can't have everything.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home