Nothing exciting happened this weekend. We went swimming. Went to check out the ice rink - it is far and very shabby, but it is the closest ice rink for us. Although we are quite keen to give Big Munchkin some 'Canadian' experiences, I am not certain that it is worth an hour drive each way. I am still trying to make up my mind about signing her up for an ice skating class.
We went swimming at a gym in the evening. On Sunday we went to our friends for lunch and swimming afterwards.
I have been looking for a nursery for Little Munchkin. The one I liked gave me an offer of a place, and I think I am not going to take it. The problem is that I don't have a problem keeping Little Munchkin at home. He is quiet and independent. I quite like his company. Big Munchkin went to daycare mainly because I could not handle having her around 24/7. I don't have this problem with Little Munchkin. I also don't like the idea of paying over 400 pounds per month for two days a week of daycare. So, I also found couple of playgroups that would take him next September - two or three days a week for 3 or 4 hours a day. I think I can live with it.
I also finally solved the problem of a Chinese class, specifically what to do with Little Munchkin while Big Munchkin is in her Chinese language class. The solution is simple - a portable DVD player. I brought it with me and we sat very nicely in a cafe where I had a chat with other mums and a coffee. Little Munchkin sat on my lap like a good boy watching Brainy Baby DVD. I should have though of it months ago.
We went swimming at a gym in the evening. On Sunday we went to our friends for lunch and swimming afterwards.
I have been looking for a nursery for Little Munchkin. The one I liked gave me an offer of a place, and I think I am not going to take it. The problem is that I don't have a problem keeping Little Munchkin at home. He is quiet and independent. I quite like his company. Big Munchkin went to daycare mainly because I could not handle having her around 24/7. I don't have this problem with Little Munchkin. I also don't like the idea of paying over 400 pounds per month for two days a week of daycare. So, I also found couple of playgroups that would take him next September - two or three days a week for 3 or 4 hours a day. I think I can live with it.
I also finally solved the problem of a Chinese class, specifically what to do with Little Munchkin while Big Munchkin is in her Chinese language class. The solution is simple - a portable DVD player. I brought it with me and we sat very nicely in a cafe where I had a chat with other mums and a coffee. Little Munchkin sat on my lap like a good boy watching Brainy Baby DVD. I should have though of it months ago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home