Yesterday we had a nice visit to the emergency room. Again. This time courtesy of Big Munchkin. What possessed her to chew and swallow a part of a plastic pen? I am sure I will never know. It was a sharp crunchy plastic - the body of a pen. I should have realised that it was something uneatable, but she'd never done anything like this before. I only realised it when I saw her taking a bite out of the pen and starting to crunch. At that point I realised that about an inch of the pen is already missing. She happily told me that she ate it. At that moment I lost it, called my DH and told him to come back from work, and went straight to the emergency room. Fortunately, we did not spent too much time there. The doctor told us that there is nothing they can do. The clear plastic does not show on x-ray. Since she was not showing any signs of discomfort we were sent home. Big Munchkin seem to be fine so far.
On the Road to Motherhood
This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home