.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sunday, March 23, 2008

What is it about men? Why can't they leave home in advance? If the electronic map says that it would take 23 minutes to reach somewhere, why not to leave 30 minutes in advance? Why leave only 10 minutes in advance? Anyway, we were suppose to meet some co-worker of my DH at a restaurant. Of course we left late, got repeatedly lost and were late by 30 minutes. On top of it, my DH did not exchange phone numbers with the person we were meeting. So, we could not even call to let them know that we are going to be late. When we finally got there,we found the restaurant closed due to power failure. It looked like a good restaurant - in the middle of nowhere, looking like warehouse and lots of Chinese people. All those are the symptoms of a good Chinese restaurant. I would definitely like to try it again. Anyway, the people we were suppose to be meeting were not there (if they were, they must have left by then). We decided to try out another Chinese restaurant that we have heard good things about. We ended up waiting in line for almost an hour before we got in. The food was fortunately good and service fast. It is the closest Chinese place out of all we have found so far.

The weather has been horrid. In fact, it's been the worst for the whole of winter (and it is an Easter weekend). We had two days of hail storm and one day of wet snow. Temperatures are still above zero, so everything melts, but the wind is chilling. It is very cold. On a positive note, it is not twenty below and we did not have to shovel the snow for the past three months. There are positive things about living in the UK.

I am thinking of taking Big Munchkin and going for weekend to Amsterdam to visit a friend. Leaving both kids with DH might be a bit too much work for him, and I just can't take Little Munchkin. He is totally daddy's boy these days. Big Munchkin is big enough to travel and, I think, she would enjoy the trip. I am still thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home