Last week has been very busy and hectic. First of all, I finally got a plumber and fixed the toilet. Secondly, my father dropped in for a couple of days. Absolutely unexpectedly, I must say. I was very happy to see him.
On Wednesday, my DH announced that he us being send to the US for a day. Essentially he left on Thursday evening, straight from work and came back on Saturday morning. That meant I have not been able to leave for Brussels when I was supposed to. In the end, I left at 1 pm instead of 8 am. I lost most of Saturday, but at least I went at all. I did feel a bit cross at my DH going to the US and spoiling my weekend trip - the first such trip in more than four years I must add. But then, it's not like he volunteered to go, and in the current job climate he can't really say to his boss - I can't go to that very important meeting because my wife is planning a leisure trip this weekend. Hopefully, these little sacrifices will be added up in the next year's bonus.
Anyway, I had a great time in Brussels. The weather would not have been out of place in July - hot and sunny. We (my friend and I) spend a lot of time on drinking (mostly coffee) and eating. I think I would have enjoyed the trip more if my DH was there. The return journey took longer than expected - the Eurostar train was delayed, and then there were no trains running in my direction in London. I made it to one of the train stations nearby and took a cab home.
On the arrival I found that Big Munchkin has a big thorn in her hand (the nurse at the health centre removed it today). The car has broken down (the mechanic at the garage said that the light in the trunk was left on and it drained the battery, which in turn knocked down the computer in the car). Little Munchkin is sick (the doctor said it is a common cold, which should go off by itself, in time). The pile of laundry is reaching the ceiling (my DH did not do a single load in two days when I normally do between two and three loads a day). The house overall looked trashed. I cried. So, today, I went to the health centre twice - to see the nurse in the morning to remove that thorn from Big Munchkin hand, then to see the doctor with Little Munchkin. My DH dropped of the car in a garage on the way to work. I only had to pick it up.
Today morning my DH told me that I have this expression on my face: 'Family, you can't live with them. You can't live without them.'
On Wednesday, my DH announced that he us being send to the US for a day. Essentially he left on Thursday evening, straight from work and came back on Saturday morning. That meant I have not been able to leave for Brussels when I was supposed to. In the end, I left at 1 pm instead of 8 am. I lost most of Saturday, but at least I went at all. I did feel a bit cross at my DH going to the US and spoiling my weekend trip - the first such trip in more than four years I must add. But then, it's not like he volunteered to go, and in the current job climate he can't really say to his boss - I can't go to that very important meeting because my wife is planning a leisure trip this weekend. Hopefully, these little sacrifices will be added up in the next year's bonus.
Anyway, I had a great time in Brussels. The weather would not have been out of place in July - hot and sunny. We (my friend and I) spend a lot of time on drinking (mostly coffee) and eating. I think I would have enjoyed the trip more if my DH was there. The return journey took longer than expected - the Eurostar train was delayed, and then there were no trains running in my direction in London. I made it to one of the train stations nearby and took a cab home.
On the arrival I found that Big Munchkin has a big thorn in her hand (the nurse at the health centre removed it today). The car has broken down (the mechanic at the garage said that the light in the trunk was left on and it drained the battery, which in turn knocked down the computer in the car). Little Munchkin is sick (the doctor said it is a common cold, which should go off by itself, in time). The pile of laundry is reaching the ceiling (my DH did not do a single load in two days when I normally do between two and three loads a day). The house overall looked trashed. I cried. So, today, I went to the health centre twice - to see the nurse in the morning to remove that thorn from Big Munchkin hand, then to see the doctor with Little Munchkin. My DH dropped of the car in a garage on the way to work. I only had to pick it up.
Today morning my DH told me that I have this expression on my face: 'Family, you can't live with them. You can't live without them.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home