This week was very busy. It is the second week of school vacation. There are hardly any classes and no playgroups. On Monday we just went around different playgrounds. Both Munchkins love it. Big Munchkin loves the sand box and Little Munchkin loves the slide and the swing. While the weather was good, I used the opportunity to let them run around. On Tuesday, we had our 'gymnastics' day. In the morning Little Munchkin had his gym class. I had to take Big Munchkin with me. She was a good girl - played with her Peppa Pig set for half the class and then was 'helping' Little Munchkin with his exercises. In the afternoon she had her own gym class. She got a new achievement badge - 'Seaside Fun'. Since it is a proper gymnastics club, both Munchkins are members of the British Gymnastics Association with badges, certificates, etc... Little Munchkin had a good time playing in a playground while Big Munchkin was in class.
On Wednesday we had two play dates - one on the morning with Little Munchkin and I staying there, and the other one in the afternoon, where we just dropped her off. While she was at the play date, we went to a playground in the park and met up with another friend and her two kids.
On Thursday we went to a farm. Kids had a great time looking at the sheep, pigs, chickens, donkeys, llamas and other animals. We finally found a cafe and had a cake and coffee. Well, I had a coffee, Big Munchkin had a fairy cake and Little Munchkin had my brownie. For a guy who eats so badly, he loves chocolate. He'll eat anything if it has chocolate in it. He also said one of his rare proper words: 'ducks'. On the way home we stopped over at a department store. Little Munchkin said another word: 'dinasaur' and he got it. It is a small green soft toy. He's been curring it around ever since.
I bought a buggy board for Big Munchkin. The double stroller is getting too small for them now. If Big Munchkin gets out of it while Little Munchkin is in, the stroller topples backwards. It is becoming really unsafe. So, I got them a buggy board, which can be attached at the back of the single stroller. The idea is that the Big Munchkin would be standing on it. The reality is the opposite. Little Munchkin ended up standing on the buggy board and Big Munchkin sitting in the stroller.
Today we went to the aquarium. The weather is horrible - cold and very windy. Big Munchkin was behaving very well the whole week, until Friday. Today she made up for all her good behaviour. She argued with me the whole day, whinged, tore another piece of wall paper of her wall, and otherwise was horrid.
I also finally decided to do something about Little Munchkin's absent speech. His lack of progress in speech and overall communication development is becoming a major point of stress for me. Finally, I decided to stop stressing out and do something. I talked to our private health insurance company and they will pay for his developmental assessment. I went to see our GP (General Practitioner). She is going to prepare a private referral. So, next week I am going to make an appointment with the private hospital for a full pediatric assessment. At least I will either know that there is nothing to worry about and I am just being unnecessarily paranoid or, if there is really something wrong, I can start doing something - speech therapy or whatever. I am sure that comparing with Big Munchkin is not helping. He so far behind her in his communication development it is just distressing. But then, it might be just a normal variation. At this point I would really just like to know that, to reduce my own stress level if nothing else.
Out of funny little incidents this week - I let the kids to play in the backyard. Big Munchkin asked me if they can dig some mud. I was so happy that they are playing by themselves, that I did not ask which mud exactly they are going to dig. By the time I realized, it was too late. They dug out every Lily flower out of the flower pot. The pack of raccoons could not have done a better job. I could not even lecture them on that - she did ask the permission.
Another little incident happened with her new Peppa Pig set. Peppa Pig is Big Munchkin favourite cartoon these days. Peppa has a little brother called George. In the toy set he is really small. Nearly every day this week I spend at least an hour looking for George. On the same day as they were destroying my backyard, Big Munchkin told me that she lost George in the backyard. After they went to sleep I spend an hour crawling on my hands and knees looking for George in the grass. I did find him later, under the sofa in the living room. Unfortunately, I just found that she lost a spare George when she took him to the Aquarium. I am not going to buy a third George in one week.
Our daddy has been very busy with his work. Today, Big Munchkin saw me talking to her daddy on the phone. She told me: 'Daddy is working. He must be seeing his favourite model'. After I finished laughing. I had to explain to her that daddy works in risk management for in fashion. And the models he is talking about do not wear wear dresses in fancy magazines. I asked my DH to show her his models to stop this misunderstanding before she tells somewhere in public.
On Wednesday we had two play dates - one on the morning with Little Munchkin and I staying there, and the other one in the afternoon, where we just dropped her off. While she was at the play date, we went to a playground in the park and met up with another friend and her two kids.
On Thursday we went to a farm. Kids had a great time looking at the sheep, pigs, chickens, donkeys, llamas and other animals. We finally found a cafe and had a cake and coffee. Well, I had a coffee, Big Munchkin had a fairy cake and Little Munchkin had my brownie. For a guy who eats so badly, he loves chocolate. He'll eat anything if it has chocolate in it. He also said one of his rare proper words: 'ducks'. On the way home we stopped over at a department store. Little Munchkin said another word: 'dinasaur' and he got it. It is a small green soft toy. He's been curring it around ever since.
I bought a buggy board for Big Munchkin. The double stroller is getting too small for them now. If Big Munchkin gets out of it while Little Munchkin is in, the stroller topples backwards. It is becoming really unsafe. So, I got them a buggy board, which can be attached at the back of the single stroller. The idea is that the Big Munchkin would be standing on it. The reality is the opposite. Little Munchkin ended up standing on the buggy board and Big Munchkin sitting in the stroller.
Today we went to the aquarium. The weather is horrible - cold and very windy. Big Munchkin was behaving very well the whole week, until Friday. Today she made up for all her good behaviour. She argued with me the whole day, whinged, tore another piece of wall paper of her wall, and otherwise was horrid.
I also finally decided to do something about Little Munchkin's absent speech. His lack of progress in speech and overall communication development is becoming a major point of stress for me. Finally, I decided to stop stressing out and do something. I talked to our private health insurance company and they will pay for his developmental assessment. I went to see our GP (General Practitioner). She is going to prepare a private referral. So, next week I am going to make an appointment with the private hospital for a full pediatric assessment. At least I will either know that there is nothing to worry about and I am just being unnecessarily paranoid or, if there is really something wrong, I can start doing something - speech therapy or whatever. I am sure that comparing with Big Munchkin is not helping. He so far behind her in his communication development it is just distressing. But then, it might be just a normal variation. At this point I would really just like to know that, to reduce my own stress level if nothing else.
Out of funny little incidents this week - I let the kids to play in the backyard. Big Munchkin asked me if they can dig some mud. I was so happy that they are playing by themselves, that I did not ask which mud exactly they are going to dig. By the time I realized, it was too late. They dug out every Lily flower out of the flower pot. The pack of raccoons could not have done a better job. I could not even lecture them on that - she did ask the permission.
Another little incident happened with her new Peppa Pig set. Peppa Pig is Big Munchkin favourite cartoon these days. Peppa has a little brother called George. In the toy set he is really small. Nearly every day this week I spend at least an hour looking for George. On the same day as they were destroying my backyard, Big Munchkin told me that she lost George in the backyard. After they went to sleep I spend an hour crawling on my hands and knees looking for George in the grass. I did find him later, under the sofa in the living room. Unfortunately, I just found that she lost a spare George when she took him to the Aquarium. I am not going to buy a third George in one week.Our daddy has been very busy with his work. Today, Big Munchkin saw me talking to her daddy on the phone. She told me: 'Daddy is working. He must be seeing his favourite model'. After I finished laughing. I had to explain to her that daddy works in risk management for in fashion. And the models he is talking about do not wear wear dresses in fancy magazines. I asked my DH to show her his models to stop this misunderstanding before she tells somewhere in public.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home