As I wrote earlier, Little Munchkin has learnt to climb out of his crib. So, last weekend we bought him a bed. After a week of sleeping in it, I can say that the move occurred with surprisingly few difficulties. The was one day when he spent about two hours getting out of bed every minute or two. He'd get up and open the door, I pick him up and put him back to bed. Ina minute, he'd get up and open the door, I put his back to bed, and so on. After that night he understood that as long as he does not come out of his room, he can just sit and play with his toys until he decides to go to bed and sleep. Now, if he does not want to go to sleep and just gets up, plays, and then goes to sleep. It is exactly what we wanted. Unfortunately, today he overate and drunk a lot of milk. When he tried to run around, he ended up vomiting. We had to give him and his room a major clean up before he could go back to bed. Anyway, he is sleeping in his own proper little bed now, like a good big boy.
On Saturday, we decided to go to a farm. It is a 'pick your own' farm. The weather was lovely. We picked a lot of strawberries, red currants, carrots, cabbage and beet roots. It is not cheaper than buying it in a supermarket, but at least Big Munchkin would understand that carrots do come from the ground and they do come covered in dirt. She loved it. Though she is harassing me about making a strawberry cake now. I guess, I would have to do it tomorrow. Little Munchkin also had a great time, until he found a big and very muddy puddle. He slipped in the mud and fell backwards into it. Fortunately, I had a spare set of clothes for him. We had to pretty much give him a bath in a sink in a local toilet, as he was incredibly dirty.
On Sunday, we went to see another one of English Heritage properties Audley End House and Gardens. This year we again bought membership with them. This place was lovely. Beautiful palace and gardens. We had a picnic in the garden. Kids had a great time running around the grounds of the palace. Unfortunately, our camera has not recovered fully after the juice incident. The zoom does not work. Most of the other setting are also not working properly. I think our next camera will be something very small and very cheap, e.g. easy to replace.
Out of the unpleasant news, my DH realized that he did not book his vacation time slot at work correctly. Instead of booking three weeks, he only booked two. Unfortunately, his boss has already booked the other week for himself. Unless, my DH will manage to rearrange team vacation schedule, which is very unlikely), we have a dilemma - either I will have to fly with two kids alone a week earlier than my DH, or we all will have to cut our vacation one week shorter. The problem is that changing our tickets is very costly - £150 per ticket. Plus, I really don't want to fly all the way to India for only two weeks (that is providing that we can still find the tickets for new dates). I really don't like the whole situation. We will know better next week what is going on. Though I am very cross at my DH for this mess entirely of his own making.
On Saturday, we decided to go to a farm. It is a 'pick your own' farm. The weather was lovely. We picked a lot of strawberries, red currants, carrots, cabbage and beet roots. It is not cheaper than buying it in a supermarket, but at least Big Munchkin would understand that carrots do come from the ground and they do come covered in dirt. She loved it. Though she is harassing me about making a strawberry cake now. I guess, I would have to do it tomorrow. Little Munchkin also had a great time, until he found a big and very muddy puddle. He slipped in the mud and fell backwards into it. Fortunately, I had a spare set of clothes for him. We had to pretty much give him a bath in a sink in a local toilet, as he was incredibly dirty.
Out of the unpleasant news, my DH realized that he did not book his vacation time slot at work correctly. Instead of booking three weeks, he only booked two. Unfortunately, his boss has already booked the other week for himself. Unless, my DH will manage to rearrange team vacation schedule, which is very unlikely), we have a dilemma - either I will have to fly with two kids alone a week earlier than my DH, or we all will have to cut our vacation one week shorter. The problem is that changing our tickets is very costly - £150 per ticket. Plus, I really don't want to fly all the way to India for only two weeks (that is providing that we can still find the tickets for new dates). I really don't like the whole situation. We will know better next week what is going on. Though I am very cross at my DH for this mess entirely of his own making.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home