.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, June 19, 2008

This week my DH was in New York. So, I was all alone with the kids. I am very tired, more than usual that is. Even though they were generally OK, I found it difficult to sleep. When my DH is here it is easier since I know that there is a back up. If something goes wrong at least there is someone else. When he is traveling, I find it very stressful that I have to rely only on myself. I can't even have a glass of wine for fear that in case of emergency I have to be able to drive.

I just realized that I did not write about two developments with Little Munchkin. First, he learned to un-dress himself. So, a few minutes of silence and there is a naked boy standing in his crib. He also learned to climb out of his crib. Five minutes of silence and there is a happy boy walking out of his room, and again, and again, and again ...

Moving the chair out of Little Munchkin's room have helped. In the last few days he hasn't been able to climb out of his crib. I don't think it would help for long, but at least I did not have deal with his wandering around in the middle of the night.

Big Munchkin was not too bad either. I re-introduced the reward chart. Combination of stickers, sad and happy faces, trips to the 'think about your behaviuor' chair and mini ice cream bribes improved her behaviour. Today I took Big Munchkin to the doctor (dermatologist) for another check of her strange allergic reactions, We did a bunch of blood tests, though I don't have any hopes on finding anything useful. On the other hand, it is a first time she is getting a comprehensive blood work done. If there are any issues with her health, it should be picked up.

My DH is coming home tomorrow, so I am looking forward to handing over the kids for a night. Last night Little Munchkin got up at 3 am and did not go back to sleep until 10 am. So, I got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. Good night everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home