It's been around ten days since we came to India. The trip was not too bad. Though I am really glad I did not travel alone with two kids. Little Munchkin had a minor tantrum right in the beginning of the first flight. After that he was fine. In-flight entertainment system was really good. Big Munchkin was occupied for most of the flight. The change in Abu Dhabi was quick and relatively painless. Right at the end of the second leg of our journey both kids manages to fall asleep. I was very glad I was not alone (again) as we had to carry both of them.
First week of being in India was downright boring. My DH was working. He managed to book our flight forgetting that he only booked two weeks off work. So, he spend the first week ‘working from home’. I ended up dealing with the wort part of jet lag and putting kids to sleep on my own. It was not too bad as my DH did try to help as much as possible. Still, he did have to work too, so there is no way we are going anywhere again if he is not on official vacation.
On Sunday we went to Guruvaoor to visit a famous and very old temple located there. On Monday was my DH’s mother’s birthday, so it was a sort of present for her. We ended up visiting various relatives on the way, which made a three hour journey into a a full day ordeal. The hotel was very decent. Kids behaved well. Unfortunately, they were not allowd into the temple. I knew as a non-Hindu I would not be allowed in, but I really wanted the kids to go. I really hate it when the temple associations install these rediculos rules. We could have just got my sister-in-law to tell that they were her kids and her husband was white and not the other way around, but because the temple follows the religion by the mother’s side they were not allowed to get in. Out sense of solidarity my DH did not go in either. I feel kind of sad about it, but he says that he has an understanding with God about it, and he does not like a bunch of politicians (e.g. the temple association) acting like gate-keepers to God.
Now we are back to Alleppey. On Thursday we are going to Travandram. We’ll stay with my brother-il-law there for one night. On Friday we are moving to a nice hotel near the beach. Few of other friends are coming there as well. It is going to be a little reunion. My in-laws decided not to come with us, as they feel that the place is too posh. It is unfortunate, as I was hoping for some safe baby-sitting services. Stil, I am sure it is going to be fun.
First week of being in India was downright boring. My DH was working. He managed to book our flight forgetting that he only booked two weeks off work. So, he spend the first week ‘working from home’. I ended up dealing with the wort part of jet lag and putting kids to sleep on my own. It was not too bad as my DH did try to help as much as possible. Still, he did have to work too, so there is no way we are going anywhere again if he is not on official vacation.
On Sunday we went to Guruvaoor to visit a famous and very old temple located there. On Monday was my DH’s mother’s birthday, so it was a sort of present for her. We ended up visiting various relatives on the way, which made a three hour journey into a a full day ordeal. The hotel was very decent. Kids behaved well. Unfortunately, they were not allowd into the temple. I knew as a non-Hindu I would not be allowed in, but I really wanted the kids to go. I really hate it when the temple associations install these rediculos rules. We could have just got my sister-in-law to tell that they were her kids and her husband was white and not the other way around, but because the temple follows the religion by the mother’s side they were not allowed to get in. Out sense of solidarity my DH did not go in either. I feel kind of sad about it, but he says that he has an understanding with God about it, and he does not like a bunch of politicians (e.g. the temple association) acting like gate-keepers to God.
Now we are back to Alleppey. On Thursday we are going to Travandram. We’ll stay with my brother-il-law there for one night. On Friday we are moving to a nice hotel near the beach. Few of other friends are coming there as well. It is going to be a little reunion. My in-laws decided not to come with us, as they feel that the place is too posh. It is unfortunate, as I was hoping for some safe baby-sitting services. Stil, I am sure it is going to be fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home