.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, September 15, 2008

Last few weeks have been very busy. Big Munchkin started a new school. It's been OK. Academically it is definitely well ahead of the state school. Big Munchkin seem to be happy. She likes that they have swimming, ball games, gym, drama, art and other activities. There is a lot of home work. It's been a struggle to get her to do it every day. The class is small - only 14 kids; 6 of them are girls. Big Munchkin did not seem to make any instant friends there. At least not any close friends. She still says that she misses her best friend from her old school.

Another painful moment is that I just can't bring myself to drive there to pick her up. I am really bad at parking and there are lots of cars and people in that area. There are lots of schools there with similar pick up times. So, I walk to school. It is 25 minutes each way, meaning, that I do approximately an hour or more of walking up and down the hill every afternoon. My knee hurts like hell. I might go back to the doctor to see if there is something can be done. For those who don't know yet - I have degenerative arthritis. I was told that I really need to lose weight, which is easier said than done.

Little Munchkin started his nursery. It's been better than I feared and worse than I hoped. He starts crying at soon as I tell him that we are going to the nursery, which is sort of good, because it means that he understands what I am saying. He is still crying when I leave, but when I come back to check in ten minutes he is fine. I have been able to leave him for nearly the full time (for about two hours out of two and a half) for the past two of his nursery days. He is doing three mornings a week.

My other half is working like crazy. He is very busy. Considering the current state of financial system, it is not the time to complain. It is time to be very happy that he still has a job.

Last weekend we finally made it to the Drusillas Adventure Park. It's been our third attempt to do so. First time my DH missed the turn and we ended up in Hastings. The second time we made it to the gate to discover a huge line up, rain, and that we did not bring our umbrellas. We ended up going to Eastbourne and to the Michelham Priory & Gardens nearby.

This time we did make it to the Park. The weather was great and we finally used our expiring 'days out vouchers'. I exchanged our Tesco (grocery shopping) points from a store card on days out vouchers. So, this trip cost us nothing instead of 50 pounds it would cost for a family of 4. We had a great time. It is the most age appropriate attraction we have been so far. The Zoo was lovely, Lemur Land did have lots of lemurs, Adventure zone was huge and age appropriate, and kids loved riding on Thomas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home