.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Road to Motherhood

This blog started in October 2003 when I found that in another 8 months I will become a mommy. The purpose of this blog was to document my pregnancy. In June 2005 I restarted this blog to document my second pregnancy. My second child is now three months old. I am restarting this blog yet again to keep in touch with friends and family and to complain about life.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sunday, October 19, 2008

This weekend we took both Munchkins to see another play, Little Hippo and His Magic Pen. It was half in English and half in French. Surprisingly, Little Munchkin liked it as well. I am sure having a Big Sister sitting nicely helped a lot. Bubbles, that were a part of the play, did not hurt either. I think he is getting old enough to go to some theatre plays.

I also attempted to take Big Munchkin to the Planetarium. To my dismay it was sold out. I am really upset about it, as I was looking forward to it myself. We also missed Big Munchkin's school friend who was supposed to meet us there.

We had a few changes that made my life a bit easier. First of all, we stopped giving Little Munchkin milk during the night. He still gets one bottle before he goes to sleep, but no more milk if he wakes up during the night. It had been a major problem for me lately. He was drinking so much milk, that his diaper was constantly leaking. It meant that every time he would wake up I had to change his diaper, clothes and bedsheets. Then I would have to make another milk bottle. It would repeat two or three times a night. He would wake up every time diaper leaks. Who'd like to sleep in a cold puddle? After so much milk he was not hungry the next day. Stopping his night milk business has been really helpful. He stopped waking up pretty much at all. But now he wakes up earlier that before, at around 5.30 am. You can just hear his clear loud voice at 5.30 am: 'I to daddy! I to asta!', which means: 'I (want) to (have) daddy! I (want) to (have) (p)asta!'. These days his eating habits are really bad. He insists on plain pasta at every opportunity.

The second useful change has been that I stopped holding Big Munchkin to sleep. She is now going to sleep by herself in her own bed. It's been very helpful. She is still complaining, but she is doing it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home