* I did not realize just how long I haven't updated the blog. So, here it is ...
* We had two birthday parties for Big Munchkin. One for her class mates at the local soft play centre and the other for our Russian friends at home. For her school party Big Munchkin wanted a pink princes cake. But while I was ordering it she managed to put in that she wants a Cinderella cake. So, the bakery went both ways. It was a white cake with pink icing with a Cinderella doll standing on top in a blue 'cinderella' dress. It was a pain to get home and then to the play centre undamaged, but Big Munchkin loved it. It tasted quite good too. The blue icing was very chemical though. All the boys wanted the blue icing pieces because the blue icing would turn their tongs blue.
* For the party at home I baked a cake - chocolate cake with white chocolate cream. Very tasty and very high in calories.
* I haven't been feeling well for a big part of the month. In fact I have been very unwell. I am not sure why - it might have been hormonal, or some virus, or my arthritis, or all together. I even called my DH and asked him to come home one day. I do this very rarely. I am doing better now. I am sure good weather is helping.
* The swine flu has finally hit Big Munchkin's school. It was bound to happen. Couple of kids from her class are sick including one of her best friends. Big Munchkin is fine, but Little Munchkin and I are having 'flu-like' symptoms. There are so many cases now that the health clinics stopped testing for it.
* On a further heath front - Little Munchkin managed to pick up a virus on his foot. It is not dangerous but annoying. He seem to be continuously picking up various skin infections. I have to remember to get him to wear swimming socks at the pool. I am sure it is all coming from there.
* After two cold and wet summers we are finally in for a heat wave. Temperatures have been going up to 32 above zero in shade. For other countries it might not sound too bad, but England is a country where air conditioning hasn't been discovered yet. There are hardly any air conditioned places. In fact, the tube is not air conditioned either. It is brutal.
* Little Munchkin is speaking a little bit more. A few days ago I gave him and his sister a bowl of orange slices to share. I few minutes later he came to me with an empty bowl and said: 'Mum, ****** (his sister's name) is not sharing'. I am sure she was, she probably did not share the last slice.
* Little Munchkin also has frighteningly good spacial awareness. He knows exactly where which route goes. Few days ago we are driving on a highway. Part of the route is the same as the route to the Indian restaurant that Little Munchkin likes. My DH made a wrong turn, then got back to the high way. We are standing at an intersection - the turn right is towards the Indian restaurant, turn left is where we need to go. Little Munchkin is leaning over from his car seat, pointing towards Indian restaurant's direction and says -'That way'.
* Tomorrow is the last day before the summer holidays. Big Munchkin has been awarded two certificates for excellence in English and French, and for some bizarre reason a certificate in achievement in religious studies. It must be some kids of joke, because she can't even pronounce religious and has no idea what she was supposed to have studied there.
* We had two birthday parties for Big Munchkin. One for her class mates at the local soft play centre and the other for our Russian friends at home. For her school party Big Munchkin wanted a pink princes cake. But while I was ordering it she managed to put in that she wants a Cinderella cake. So, the bakery went both ways. It was a white cake with pink icing with a Cinderella doll standing on top in a blue 'cinderella' dress. It was a pain to get home and then to the play centre undamaged, but Big Munchkin loved it. It tasted quite good too. The blue icing was very chemical though. All the boys wanted the blue icing pieces because the blue icing would turn their tongs blue.
* For the party at home I baked a cake - chocolate cake with white chocolate cream. Very tasty and very high in calories.
* I haven't been feeling well for a big part of the month. In fact I have been very unwell. I am not sure why - it might have been hormonal, or some virus, or my arthritis, or all together. I even called my DH and asked him to come home one day. I do this very rarely. I am doing better now. I am sure good weather is helping.
* The swine flu has finally hit Big Munchkin's school. It was bound to happen. Couple of kids from her class are sick including one of her best friends. Big Munchkin is fine, but Little Munchkin and I are having 'flu-like' symptoms. There are so many cases now that the health clinics stopped testing for it.
* On a further heath front - Little Munchkin managed to pick up a virus on his foot. It is not dangerous but annoying. He seem to be continuously picking up various skin infections. I have to remember to get him to wear swimming socks at the pool. I am sure it is all coming from there.
* After two cold and wet summers we are finally in for a heat wave. Temperatures have been going up to 32 above zero in shade. For other countries it might not sound too bad, but England is a country where air conditioning hasn't been discovered yet. There are hardly any air conditioned places. In fact, the tube is not air conditioned either. It is brutal.
* Little Munchkin is speaking a little bit more. A few days ago I gave him and his sister a bowl of orange slices to share. I few minutes later he came to me with an empty bowl and said: 'Mum, ****** (his sister's name) is not sharing'. I am sure she was, she probably did not share the last slice.
* Little Munchkin also has frighteningly good spacial awareness. He knows exactly where which route goes. Few days ago we are driving on a highway. Part of the route is the same as the route to the Indian restaurant that Little Munchkin likes. My DH made a wrong turn, then got back to the high way. We are standing at an intersection - the turn right is towards the Indian restaurant, turn left is where we need to go. Little Munchkin is leaning over from his car seat, pointing towards Indian restaurant's direction and says -'That way'.
* Tomorrow is the last day before the summer holidays. Big Munchkin has been awarded two certificates for excellence in English and French, and for some bizarre reason a certificate in achievement in religious studies. It must be some kids of joke, because she can't even pronounce religious and has no idea what she was supposed to have studied there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home